These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by WranglerSport14
I totally agree. Ice and flooding would be ideal, but the same dimwits that report rain and snow will probably just report flooding and ice instead.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
That does nothing to stop the problem. So people can only make 6 useless, dangerous, distracting reports before waiting a few minutes between making another 6 useless, dangerous, distracting reports. That doesn't help. Especially when there are hundreds of people doing it.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
MGODLEW wrote:
MCL1981 wrote:That does nothing to stop the problem. So people can only make 6 useless, dangerous, distracting reports before waiting a few minutes between making another 6 useless, dangerous, distracting reports. That doesn't help. Especially when there are hundreds of people doing it.
What do you propose Waze do about this if this is as a problem?
Like I said before, I propose they completely remove the rain, snow, and fog report options.

Davielde, Why does Waze need to know it is raining to corroborate a traffic jam? Does it matter if the slow down is because of rain, volume, an accident, or a giant 3-headed martian? A traffic jam is a traffic jam. Waze does not need to know WHY in order to light up the segment red. But if they want to, fine. Keep the ability to report stupid useless things like rain. But for the love god, turn off having it appear on the map and generate alerts.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
I understand. But the big picture is not someone that wants to make secondary use of the data. The big picture, the important picture, the real picture, the real effect, is that the "feature" is dangerous, distracting, and of no value at all to the thousands up thousands of users. Someone that wants to buy the rain report data is not the purpose.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
Really? More? Maybe people need to spend more time driving and less time sifting through pointless hazard details that are of no significant gain. Implimenting the "Other Side" feature that still doesn't work would solve some things. And the list is plenty long enough. If you don't see one that is perfect, then don't use it. Just leave it at "hazard". You don't need to detail that situation. It's 1/2 a mile up the road and you're cruising along at 40-80mph. Short and sweet is how it needs to be. And with no pointless nonsense.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
Other than the idiots reporting rain and snow... The only other things that get reported around here are vehicles stopped on shoulder, police, and accidents. All of which (fortunately) are helpful when they actually exist. There are plenty that are gone as always and I "Not There" those to do my part. But the ones that are there, I usually appreciate them not sneaking up on me.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
Unfortunately, idiots will just keep reporting the same stupid things anyway, to build up points that don't actually serve any purpose.
WranglerSport14
Send a message