These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Suggested additions to 'Report'

Post by Wupster
When reporting a 'Closure' there should be options for saying that certain lanes are closed. Like 'two left lanes are closed' on a street, or 'the #1 and #2 lanes on the fwy are closed'.
There is no need to report 'weather', it doesn't need to be there.
When reporting that Police are near, there should be an option if the Police are driving.
Also, when navigating to a destination, it would be good to know exactly what the hazards are that are indicated...
Waze.jpg
Thank you, Candace from Rowland Heights, Ca
Wupster

POSTER_ID:16932209

Send a message

Post by tgp1994
I can certainly agree to most of that. The "weather" report is sort of strange I find, since I would think that it would be more volatile that the traffic were trying to get around, and it shouldn't normally affect how you chose your route.

For the police option, I'm not so sure that the driving option would be very helpful, since they may be simply going back to the station. However, I think it would be useful if we are alerted to police reports no matter what side of the road we're on - I don't think it's accurate to judge which side of the road they are using as a speed trap, since the position of the cruiser may be a bluff as a second cruiser comes up an entrance ramp to give you a ticket.
tgp1994
Send a message
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!

Post by WranglerSport14
Police vehicles that are driving should not be reported. This is in the rules and should be baltently obvious why. I can not stand people who report a moving police vehicle.
WranglerSport14
Send a message