These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone App not working

Post by yummybrains
HI all,

I'm not sure what's going on with app. I've been having problems sense yesterday afternoon. I turned it on and pressed the "Home" button in Navigate and discovered all of my saved routes and places were gone. The screen now constantly flickers. It won't orient itself to to my location or direction. Some of the buttons on the screen aren't displaying when I tap (my location). Some settings pages, like "my vehicle," are blank. Every time I turn it on there is a message at the top saying "downloading new prompts." This morning, when I first tuned it on all of my saved routs and places were back and it seemed to act normally until it finished "downloading new prompts", then it started with the above problems again.

I've checked "location services" on the phone and all settings are OK. The GPS is working in other apps. Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or have a fix? I don't want to loose my points, or saved routs and places.

Thanks,

yummybrains
yummybrains

POSTER_ID:4026166

Send a message

Post by badgebffr
spankdog wrote:
mdavidsonjr wrote:Mine today gives a error when posting hazards and map errors for some reason. It keeps telling me that I have to post it later and also getting traffic alerts pop ups from places not on my route and some that are several hundred miles away even when not routing with the app open. Anyone else having this issue .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am having the exact same problem. Also on iPhone
Me too. This has been going on for approx 24 hours now. Errors on everything ranging from reports and gas price updates to simply leaving a comment. The score for reports pops up, but then there's an error saying it cant be sent and to try again. I've just noticed that comments left appeared 5 or so minutes later, even though it said they couldn't be sent. I've rebooted the phone, deleted the app and did a clean install -- still hasn't helped the problem.
badgebffr
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Me too. Gas price updates went thru, but no hazards or police.

Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by coontex
Mine today gives a error when posting hazards and map errors for some reason. It keeps telling me that I have to post it later and also getting traffic alerts pop ups from places not on my route and some that are several hundred miles away even when not routing with the app open. Anyone else having this issue .

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
Yes gas prices worked for me also.

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
Looks like it is working again correctly on iPhone now.

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by omba_de
I'd recommend a clean reinstall. (Clean = delete the app and reset your phone. (Home and lock button until phone shuts off) then re-download it from the AppStore)
Start the app in an area, where's data available. (Wifi would be great) so the voice prompts will be downloaded properly.
Everything should be ok afterwards.
If not tell us what's wrong.

Good luck [emoji6]
Eric
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by spankdog
mdavidsonjr wrote:Mine today gives a error when posting hazards and map errors for some reason. It keeps telling me that I have to post it later and also getting traffic alerts pop ups from places not on my route and some that are several hundred miles away even when not routing with the app open. Anyone else having this issue .

spankdog
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Local Champ
USA Southeast WIKI

Post by TR-11
spankdog wrote:

Same here. iPhone 5s
TR-11
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
TR-11
Area Manager: Delaware
Contributor to: Lancaster PA, Eastern Shore, MD

https://s.waze.tools/c4s.png      https://s.waze.tools/s0150.png      

Post by yummybrains
Thanks Omba_de! I deleted the app and reinstalled. Seem to fix things. I've lost data in the past from another app (all my passwords) when I had to reinstall, so was hesitant to do it without conformation that it would be OK.
yummybrains
Send a message