These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Wave to get Voice Command

Post by beachbt
The "Wave" method of opening up a Voice Command is extremely difficult. I'm not sure what Waze considers a "wave", but I'm waving the darn thing every which way I can think of, and it's very inconsistent. I have to try about 10 times usually. What am I doing wrong?
beachbt

POSTER_ID:16948440

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If you have it set for 2 waves (instead of 1), then you have to activate your phone's proximity sensor two times about 1-2s apart. The screen will read "Wave again for voice command" so you need to make sure it gets activated once, then again, and not just holding your hand in front constantly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I use one finger near the sensor. And waving without fingers separated is not really a big deal, it works just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by crotalo
Does not work?!!!!
i cant activate command voice
crotalo
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message
Wazeopedia Colombia
Wazeopedia Bogotá
Partner Coordinator - Local Champ Colombia
https://i.ibb.co/hdcYFJn/badge10years30.png

Post by nestorph
I finally decided to figure out how to make the wave command work with my iPhone 6 and was disappointed in the results. First--the phone can only be in portrait orientation as Apple disables the proximity feature when you turn the phone sideways. That makes it a non-runner for me since I always display Waze in landscape mode. Secondly--even you do have it in portrait mode, you need to use your full hand (or at least the palm) and move it very, very close to the screen. Just waving your fingers won't do it. At that point, you're just better off tapping with three fingers.
nestorph
Send a message