iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Pecos-Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:28 pm

splash883 wrote:
sketch wrote: The timing of the second and final prompts is poor, especially at high speeds. Both come too late, especially the final prompt.

I am having the same problem. It tells me to "turn right in 375 feet" as I'm making the right turn.
Please fix this! Not very helpful when I'm not sure where I'm going!

Does your phone have clear "view" of the GPS satellites? I've seen that with Apple's old app.
Pecos-Bill

Postby Pecos-Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Dave2084 wrote:
I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote:I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.
+1!

The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

I think I succeeded in reporting a car in the road via voice command but it's so fiddly I don't bother.
Dave2084 wrote:This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time.

If you say so. They should offer a list of all of them to turn off which ought take a couple of hours plus testing. Still, pretty minor. In fact, the Settings area really should be redone as it's not well thought out where stuff lives.
Dave2084 wrote:(I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

So how are you turning off just that warning? I have never found such an option except to turn off all sound. I am on the warpath for any reported car on side of road that is useless (doesn't meet rules on wiki). Some people treat it like I-Spy {groan}
Pecos-Bill

Postby splash883 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 pm

sketch wrote: The timing of the second and final prompts is poor, especially at high speeds. Both come too late, especially the final prompt. The final prompt should still give you enough time to actually act; instead, you'd better already be in the correct lane and on the brakes, or else you'll miss the turn or exit. I almost did on the freeway drive I did the other day, and found myself second-guessing because of it. The final prompt should come early enough to allow me to change one last lane on the freeway or to slow down for a turn. Likewise, the second prompt, at 0.5 mi, is definitely not early enough on the freeway to change multiple lanes in high-traffic situations, especially in fast-paced heavy city traffic. 1/4 mile is fine for city speeds, but the second prompt should be given a full mile away at freeway speeds, perhaps with 3/4 mile around 55 mph and 1/2 mile around 40 mph.

I am having the same problem. It tells me to "turn right in 375 feet" as I'm making the right turn.
Please fix this! Not very helpful when I'm not sure where I'm going!
splash883

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm

I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote:I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.

+1!

The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

I've lost track of how many times I have reported this but still Waze does not fix it.
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby I-hate-traffic » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:35 pm

+1!
I-hate-traffic

Postby ninja98r » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:36 pm

MegaRipZ wrote:
ninja98r wrote:Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.0? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio 3.

No, last build of Waze App not resolved scroll issues :( I use Pioneer Appradio2 (SPH-DA100) with iPod Touch 4G. Scroll not working at some menus and on-screen key with number of friends also not press on the map screen of app. When developers resolve these issues?

That's very unfortunate news MegaRipZ!

I was right following the last update - Appradio users seem to be out of luck with this App.
I'll inquire again on this forum following the next update. From some of the comments on here I'm sticking with 3.7.8 for now. WISH I HAD STUCK WITH 3.7.6!
ninja98r

Postby MegaRipZ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 pm

ninja98r wrote:Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.0? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio 3.

No, last build of Waze App not resolved scroll issues :( I use Pioneer Appradio2 (SPH-DA100) with iPod Touch 4G. Scroll not working at some menus and on-screen key with number of friends also not press on the map screen of app. When developers resolve these issues?
MegaRipZ
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby buttercup19 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:28 am

bz2012 wrote:Just allowing voice commands isn't enough. I allowed them in the previous version.
Perhaps disable and re-enable might work, or switching to another app that uses the speaker and switching back, but we should NOT need to know magic words and arcane gestures to make features like these work.

'Switching to voice memo and adjusting the volume' will do it.
Tried it on the way to work this morning and it worked!!!!

Thanks for posting this workaround! It worked for me, too. I'm so grateful as I was about to go back to Google Maps navi.
To the Support team that reads these posts: the low sound is definitely an issue. Never had an issue until recently. App isn't usable without hearing the navi audio directions. Can't be looking at the map while driving a car. I'd bump the bug up to "fix soon" status if I were you. Thanks.
buttercup19

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 pm

brewbyte wrote:I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.

Sounds like Waze has not requested to access your contacts yet. What happens when you tap the Friends icon on the main screen, then tap the Add Friends icon at the top right?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby brewbyte » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 pm

kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...

even if waze does not plan on addressing this or some global champ strenuously disagrees, can someone at least say if waze is even aware of this complaint?

click to share:

IMG_1305.PNG

here's what you see

IMG_1306.PNG

no thank-you.

I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.
brewbyte

Next

Return to Waze App