iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby NorfolkMustard » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:54 am

That suggests they have your registered number in their contacts and waze has suggested you add them as friends as a result.
Stu
Local Champ: England wiki | Australia wiki
iP5 (iOS9), iP6s+ (iOS9.1). Waze v4α
NorfolkMustard
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ejleslie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm

I read through the first 17 pages of this thread and while a lot of people are talking about the contact list stuff, I didn't see anything about actual drive sharing.

Does it work? Has it ever worked?

I have tried repeatedly this week to share my drive with a friend, or have them share theirs with me. ONE time, I was able to see them in real time on the map, with their route displayed and their place on it. Even then, when they had to deviate from the route, the map lost them entirely, not displaying their icon anywhere on it at all.

Every other time, I'm only shown a pin at their destination, not their route or their realtime location on the map, even though they chose to "share their drive" with me. I mean, it's worked maybe 1 time out of 12.

Is that the experience of other users? Because this is basically useless.
ejleslie

Postby omba_de » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 pm

ejleslie wrote:...it's worked maybe 1 time out of 12.

Is that the experience of other users? Because this is basically useless.

I can't confirm that. Sharing often my trips. And receiving others. I had it work like 1 time not, but 12 times with out any problems...
CM-Austria

Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby MegaGadgetman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

This morning I was getting gas and tried to update gas prices but I was told I was a baby wazer and not allowed to update gas prices yet. I've been updating gas prices regularly for some time now and this is the first time I've seen this message. Anybody else having this problem?
MegaGadgetman

Postby omba_de » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:03 pm

MegaGadgetMan wrote: Anybody else having this problem?

This is a long time known issue.
It's a back end-server side-thing...
Sometimes it appears... You can't do anything against it...
I haven't seen it for a while now...
CM-Austria

Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby melancholyvagrant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Since the update Favorites don't appear in searches anymore. So I figured I would start going through the list itself. I manually reordered my favorires in alphabetical order to easily find entries but twice now the list reverted to its original order. Any known fix to either of these issues?
melancholyvagrant

Mixed but overall good news

Postby krikketdoug » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:15 am

A few days ago I had my bluetooth stop working with Waze, with mixed results.

To fix the problem, I deleted and reinstalled the app. Problem solved. (The negative part is that as far as I can tell, this is a problem unique to this release. I could be wrong. I haven't been around for years quite yet.)

On the plus side, by deleting and reinstalling the app, I had a pleasant and surprising side-effect. My ability to see my recent history by looking at recent searches is now working again. My saved searches are now lasting lasting a minimum of 12 hours. While I wish it was 24 or even 72 hours, this is a vast improvement.

Once again, as a sample size of one, I can't guarantee success elsewhere, but I wish you luck!

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

ImageImage
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
http://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Pecos-Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Dave2084 wrote:
I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote:I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.
+1!

The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

I think I succeeded in reporting a car in the road via voice command but it's so fiddly I don't bother.
Dave2084 wrote:This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time.

If you say so. They should offer a list of all of them to turn off which ought take a couple of hours plus testing. Still, pretty minor. In fact, the Settings area really should be redone as it's not well thought out where stuff lives.
Dave2084 wrote:(I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

So how are you turning off just that warning? I have never found such an option except to turn off all sound. I am on the warpath for any reported car on side of road that is useless (doesn't meet rules on wiki). Some people treat it like I-Spy {groan}
Pecos-Bill

Postby Pecos-Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:21 pm

JohnDoe75 wrote: Find more friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send & receive friend requests and manage your friends list

Google has struck. HARD. I will not support any action that proselytizes -- which this does. That's evil. I use the send ETA function quite a bit and this version killed it.

I have to say thank you very much for the new "fun" of turning off auto update so I can prevent this version from being installed. I'm grateful I had a backup on my Mac that I could restore the old app without even restoring my phone. And when you decide to stop supporting the prior version (server reject), I'll sadly say goodbye to my favorite app.
Pecos-Bill

Postby Pecos-Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:25 pm

NorfolkMustard wrote:That suggests they have your registered number in their contacts and waze has suggested you add them as friends as a result.

And there's the problem I have with it. They do not need my number even though they already have it (there was a time when I was uploading contacts but I stopped; they still have the data).
Pecos-Bill

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App