These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by speedlever
Look for the 3.7.8 rollback thread. It's very easy to rollback.

Edit: Apologies. I thought this was the Android thread. Not sure about rollback with iOs.
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0

Post by speedlever
If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0

Post by speedlever
Just checked on my G1 iPad and I have 3.8.0, I see my name, user name, and email. I'm not seeing any issues on the iPad front. But I don't ever use the iPad for Waze. That's what my Android phone is for.
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0

Post by splash883
sketch wrote: The timing of the second and final prompts is poor, especially at high speeds. Both come too late, especially the final prompt. The final prompt should still give you enough time to actually act; instead, you'd better already be in the correct lane and on the brakes, or else you'll miss the turn or exit. I almost did on the freeway drive I did the other day, and found myself second-guessing because of it. The final prompt should come early enough to allow me to change one last lane on the freeway or to slow down for a turn. Likewise, the second prompt, at 0.5 mi, is definitely not early enough on the freeway to change multiple lanes in high-traffic situations, especially in fast-paced heavy city traffic. 1/4 mile is fine for city speeds, but the second prompt should be given a full mile away at freeway speeds, perhaps with 3/4 mile around 55 mph and 1/2 mile around 40 mph.
I am having the same problem. It tells me to "turn right in 375 feet" as I'm making the right turn.
Please fix this! Not very helpful when I'm not sure where I'm going!
splash883
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 6S iOS 10.3.3, Waze Level: Royalty

Post by squidbert
This upgrade, in my opinion, is a total FAIL. It use to be SO EASY to "Send ETA" to ANYONE with just their phone number. Now, my family, friends and customers have asked me to STOP "Share Drive" (really, no one is riding with me and I'm not planning on picking anyone up - where did they come up with this feature name and who thought it made sense??) because IT NEVER WORKS. The "Most Recent" list that pops up NEVER has my wife's number in it, even though 9 out of 10 times I'm "Drive Sharing" with her (at least....trying to). If I type her number in, she gets an SMS message from some whacked out number (and clicking the link doesn't work). If I Send Via Text, she gets the link, but when she clicks it, she gets a blank map. If I Send via Email, she gets a blank email that says "no content". ....And those last three options? I have to first click a tiny link to get to them, then select the option I want. In the previous version? Click one button and type the first couple of digits, then select the full number from the list. EASY. AND IT WORKED!

I can't recommend this app any longer if the developers think it's a good idea to release a wide-ranging upgrade with very little notice (one day my button says "Send ETA", the next, it's "Share Drive". Never knew this was going to happen) and clearly long before it should have been released. How about working out bugs BEFORE dropping the update on us? This app was easy to use, logical, and had very cool features. It's now a mess to use, confusing and most of the cool features are broke. BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION!
squidbert
Send a message

Post by Tamieu
Hi,

I have a problem with the last version.
When I added a favorite sometimes it doesn't show up. Sometimes it does.
##@restorefav recovers the missing favorite but the whole point of favorites is not having to type anything...
Extra info:
The address was already a favorite but after the update it disappeared...
So I added it again (not knowing what happened) but with the same name as another existing favorite. (because it's the new home of a person and they haven't moved yet). But with the same name. The favorite wouldn't appear, so I named it <name> 2. In that way both the old address and the new address of the person are a favorite.
But then I noticed that sometimes the new favorite doesn't appear.
Any ideas on fixing this? Or is this a bug?
Tamieu
Send a message

Post by tbhall
After applying this latest update from app store to iphone 4S, volume is too low to be helpful while driving. Using the volume button only brings up the ringer volume not the app volume.
tbhall
Send a message

Post by theogluck
a HA! - I think this will help
theogluck
Send a message

Post by TheSharkThatAteSnuffy
I have been using Waze for several years and have recommended it to many people, but this update makes me think that Waze has finally Jumped The Shark.

1. I now find that my actual username is being displayed on the map instead of a nickname! Did nobody at a Waze think that they should warn the users that this major change in privacy was happening? If you are going to start displaying personal information on a public map you should warn us that we need to change our usernames.

2. I can"t send my ETA to my wife without entering a phone number. I can find nothing on you site telling me what you will do with that phone number. The text on the screen implies that it is to help find friends. But I don't want to find friends on Waze. I just want to send an ETA to my wife.

I will stop using Waze now, if I don't see an update that fixes these mistakes in the next two months the software will be removed from my phone.

What a pity the product had to be destroyed like this.
TheSharkThatAteSnuffy
Send a message

Post by TheSharkThatAteSnuffy
turboluis wrote: delete the app and then use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update. and turn off automatic updates.
Thanks, that worked. I hope they fix this release soon.
TheSharkThatAteSnuffy
Send a message