Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vvbarryvv
dmcconachie wrote:
vvbarryvv wrote:Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....
With the Android beta you could opt to receive a voice call instead of an SMS, is this not an option?
no, but that would be a great solution and one that many other systems and apps have employed in the past.
vvbarryvv
Send a message

Post by world_2u33p9el
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
I can confirm this. Lost my TTS completely after the upgrade. Is there a solution to this?
world_2u33p9el
Send a message

Post by world_eai8qjho
After upgrading from version 3.8.0 to iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone 5s submitted bug. The application does not start correctly and ends automaticmente. Happened but someone with iphone 5s and iOS 7.1.1?
world_eai8qjho
Send a message

Post by X_KnightRider_X
This is my first post here, and I suppose my effort of finding this place is a testament to how much I've liked this app. This latest update has ruined it, however, as I can no longer send a link to those I want to with the ETA. I don't want waze to take care of sending the links, and I certainly am not going to add my phone number to Google's database. Heck, I am sorry I had auto update turned on in the App Store. I wish there were a way to go back to the previous version.

I had already linked to Facebook. That should have been enough.
X_KnightRider_X
Send a message

Post by Yankee_Girl
Does anyone know how to get the Siri voice back? My Waze app is set to "Samantha US" since I installed it about a year ago and until this update, he voice I heard was Siri. As of today (first day after the update) I have a different voice and do not seem to be able to change it back. The new voice is very annoying (to my ears at least ;) ) so any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Yankee_Girl
Send a message

Post by Yankee_Girl
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Yankee_Girl wrote:Does anyone know how to get the Siri voice back? My Waze app is set to "Samantha US" since I installed it about a year ago and until this update, he voice I heard was Siri. As of today (first day after the update) I have a different voice and do not seem to be able to change it back. The new voice is very annoying (to my ears at least ;) ) so any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Waze has never used Siri because Apple doesn't allow it. Previous version had Samantha and Tom for TTS voices. There are other voices which do not give street names though. You can choose any of those. But again, Siri was never one of them.
Hi Alan,

Call me crazy but I know it was the same voice that answers me from my iPhone in other apps/tasks, whatever the name, and now that is not working anymore. So if Samantha from Waze did not change voice, something else happened. Am I the only one that experiences this? I really would like to revert back to the old voice.
Yankee_Girl
Send a message

Post by zippybob
i am NOT pleased with the requirement to 1) provide a phone number, and 2) share my contacts' information in order to 'share my drive'. I will not be using this feature until I am no longer required to betray my friends phone numbers, emails, and who knows what else.
zippybob
Send a message