Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kthrynileen
Was not aware of the need to activate voice commands to adjust volume but I figured it was worth a shot. I got my sound back by merely activating the voice commands. Was this the problem all along? Do you NOT receive audible navigation until you enable voice commands? This was either not the case before (because this is the first time I've looked at this setting) or it defaulted to it previously and now it does not. Just to clarify, I enabled voice commands and now the sound is back - I did not adjust any volume settings at all.
kthrynileen
Send a message

Post by kweeheng
There is a bug on hidden mode. Closing Waze on hidden mode should clear off the hidden state in next start, however the hidden mood display on the left menu when Waze relaunched but the 'go invisible' on "My Waze" shown otherwise
kweeheng
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.png

Country Manager: Malaysia
Area Manager: Klang / Port Klang / Kapar
Malaysia Waze Facebook Group
Waze Borneo Facebook

Post by Lant1
I hate the obligatory phone number feature. I am not interested in sharing neither my contacts or my phone number. I just want to notify people quick and simple with a text as I could in the previous version.

In the app it says "Waze will use your phone number to find other Waze users you may know." What exactly does this mean? I click the "Learn more"- link and I'm sent to the support page.. Not really helpful.

Just because I do not want to share all my contacts and number, doesn't mean I am paranoid, it simply means that I fail to see why it is required, and that I value privacy.

In my eyes, Waze is a navigation app with social features, please don't turn it into a social network with navigation features, as I think that would be the downfall of Waze.
Lant1
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Machete808
For its various bugs and problems, so far 3.8.0 seems more stable than the last version, at least for me. Less GPS craziness, for starters.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Machete808
I think it comes down to a choice. if you want to use the "share location" social function enough to give Waze access to your contact list, you do so. Otherwise, Waze is a nav app for your personal use only.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by MegaGadgetman
This morning I was getting gas and tried to update gas prices but I was told I was a baby wazer and not allowed to update gas prices yet. I've been updating gas prices regularly for some time now and this is the first time I've seen this message. Anybody else having this problem?
MegaGadgetman
Send a message

Post by MegaRipZ
ninja98r wrote:Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.0? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio 3.
No, last build of Waze App not resolved scroll issues :( I use Pioneer Appradio2 (SPH-DA100) with iPod Touch 4G. Scroll not working at some menus and on-screen key with number of friends also not press on the map screen of app. When developers resolve these issues?
MegaRipZ
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by melancholyvagrant
Since the update Favorites don't appear in searches anymore. So I figured I would start going through the list itself. I manually reordered my favorires in alphabetical order to easily find entries but twice now the list reverted to its original order. Any known fix to either of these issues?
melancholyvagrant
Send a message

Post by milkyway35
omba_de wrote: Well... Waze was designed as a social commuter app.
So why do you wonder..???
Well, some think the core of waze is to be a speedcam and police avoiding app, and still dont want to understand what a commuter app is. So understanding the Social dimension feature ...

Johndoe, the problems you spoke about are not all related to the app itself, but the backend.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"