These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by I-hate-traffic
khovis wrote: I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.
+1!
I-hate-traffic
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
alig2605 wrote:
Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
I'm using the iOS version and found that it reads out some street names but not all of them.
On one road with multiple roundabouts it said "At the roundabout take the second exit, at the roundabout turn left". The turn left is for the roundabout after the one I was just approaching. (That is, I should be going straight ahead at the first roundabout and left at the following roundabout). This could be rather confusing if I didn't know where I was going…

Cheers
AliG
I suspect that your problem is not with missing TTS voices. It is probably due how the new client announces instructions via TTS. Despite feedback during Beta, we were told this was "working as designed". Now, it seems that it isn't "working as designed" and will be reverted within a couple of months. More info here.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by jasonh300
ply8808 wrote: It appears that Samantha has preference to right turns only, at each right turn the prompts were voiced, "in 4.3 miles turn right", "in half mile turn right", "in quarter mile turn right", "turn right", No street names given.
After several drives, the TTS is getting better, but I'm getting the ridiculously long distance for the next turn (1.1 miles was the one I noticed this morning) and then not another announcement until it's time to turn. After the 2 or 3 minutes it took to travel the 1.1 miles, I've forgotten about the next turn and the next turn instruction comes right when it's time to turn.

Before, the turn announcement was given a few seconds earlier. Now, it's almost too late if you're moving at 30 MPH.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Am I missing something or is there no longer a way to email or SMS your drive to someone? It seems I'm limited to following a drive via the App, which eats battery. I find the follow feature to be mostly useless unless I can put it on the computer screen. In its current configuration, it would only be useful for meeting someone at the final destination.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I'm noticing a weird truncation of some words in TTS. Such as "Turn lefat xxx St." The first time I heard this, I thought it has said turn right but had the left arrow on the display. So I turned off the radio and AC and listened closely for the second TTS command and I heard "lefat" clearly.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jaysloth
As a brand new user, I'm unsure if this is already implemented, but at the moment, the u-turn announcements are very confusing. Rather than the voice telling me to take the next u-turn, I get something like "In 200m turn left and then turn left". Not only is this confusing, it has on occasion cost me more time than it should to remedy the situation as a result of this confusion. I also use this app offline at the moment, and I wish there was an option to allow waze to cache my drives and record them when I get to a network. I've heard that this sort of thing exists, but when I get out of a network, waze immediately reacts to that, but coming back to a network has no reaction unless the app is completely restarted(i.e. removed from the multi-task menu and reopened). Also, it would be silly to allow most reports because it's not live, it will be innacurate, etc, but it would be cool if certain reports like closures and especially unrecorded permanent speed traps could be saved offline aswell.
jaysloth
Send a message

Post by jbstevens8
I am unable to open the scoreboard page within the Iphone App. When I click on "My Waze"-->"Scoreboard" I get a page that says "Oops! Something Went Wrong.....Sorry there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later."

My friend on his droid is getting the same error message.
jbstevens8
Send a message

Post by JEDATL
Every since I received the new update, I have been receiving network connection and GPS issues on my iPhone 5s. I lost the ability to send my ETA via text.

If they cannot get Waze fixed quickly, I will be using a different app. This is ridiculous.
JEDATL
Send a message

Post by JEDATL
Lant1 wrote:I hate the obligatory phone number feature. I am not interested in sharing neither my contacts or my phone number. I just want to notify people quick and simple with a text as I could in the previous version.

In the app it says "Waze will use your phone number to find other Waze users you may know." What exactly does this mean? I click the "Learn more"- link and I'm sent to the support page.. Not really helpful.

Just because I do not want to share all my contacts and number, doesn't mean I am paranoid, it simply means that I fail to see why it is required, and that I value privacy.

In my eyes, Waze is a navigation app with social features, please don't turn it into a social network with navigation features, as I think that would be the downfall of Waze.

I agree with this post completely. The old send ETA worked nicely. The new features are useless.
JEDATL
Send a message

Post by jersey_m
App allowed driving thru closed roads?

[img]IMG_1914.jpg[/img]
jersey_m
Send a message
Attachments