These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by NorfolkMustard
With a quick test, I've confirmed that once you give waze your mobile number, you can't remove it and even if you replace it with a fake one, the original verified number is still used to suggest you to other wazers in their copy of the app

Basic scenarios which ought to have been thought about before this went live.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
They will see you as a "Suggested friend" and they can then request your approval to add as a mutual friend. You see it as a friend request in the app.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
khovis wrote: I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying. :evil:
Seconded
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
You only get the "Hold up" screen if you've already disallowed waze access to your contacts, or you perhaps have a Settings > General > Restrictions > Privacy in place to disallow changes to your contact sharing.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
The URL in the new follow my drive notification emails seems to always centre the map on a deserted area of Switzerland. This is why it looks like a blank map.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
NorfolkMustard wrote:The URL in the new follow my drive notification emails seems to always centre the map on a deserted area of Switzerland. This is why it looks like a blank map.
actually, this seems to be working today. Last Friday it was all Swiss
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
That suggests they have your registered number in their contacts and waze has suggested you add them as friends as a result.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by normka
georgeoftaylors wrote:I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem with alternate routes?
When I select the map view of additional routes, the map automatically zooms so far in that you can't see the routes. If you scroll out, it will display the routes temporarily until you take your finger off the screen, then it auto zooms too far in again. Trying to email tech support about this but couldn't get the link to work .
Thanks
The same thing happens on my iPhone. I note that it works OK if the distance is about 200 miles but if it is 300 miles, the routes are momentarily displayed then the app auto zooms in.
normka
Send a message

Post by omba_de
RangeRoverHSE wrote:...Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
Can't confirm this
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/18/8ujy6asy.jpg[/img]
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by omba_de
That's your opinion. I kinda like the new styles ;)
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert