These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by khovis
In 3.8, I've noticed a few errors.
  • :arrow: I can no longer adjust the speaker volume using the phone buttons. The buttons were adjusting the ringer volume. Internal Waze settings for volume do not appear to work. Another user listed a work around, but it doesn't solve the problem.
    :arrow: The car stopped on road is not longer a hazard option.
I would like to see in the next release a lane closed for construction option. I can relay road construction. It would be nice to notify other users which lane is closed ahead.

I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying. :evil:

I've been using the app for 2 years and tell all of my friends about it. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Kevin
khovis
Send a message

Post by kingzut
i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...

even if waze does not plan on addressing this or some global champ strenuously disagrees, can someone at least say if waze is even aware of this complaint?

click to share:
The attachment IMG_1305.PNG is no longer available
here's what you see
IMG_1306.PNG
(78.73 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
no thank-you.
kingzut
Send a message

Post by kingzut
omba_de wrote:
kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...
Why don't you simply prohibit in your iOS settings?
that's the reason i included the picture... when you click share/send location, whatever... that is the screen that appears. it would seem that the only way to share anything is to "first" upload your contacts then turn it off later. i'm not interested in doing that...

as far as the "social" aspect of the app goes, my "social" contribution had been to tell EVERYONE i know how great it is and that they should use it... not so sure i will anymore.

downgraded to previous version until some other version or better app from someone else comes out.
kingzut
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Every once in awhile the voice guidance will turn back on to full. I normally have it on "alerts only". This was a problem for a long time (few months at least). So this is not a new issue that started with this version. This has been for the last few versions at least.

iPhone 5
ios 7.1.1
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by krikketdoug
I may not get the social aspect of Waze, but that's okay. I'm willing to bet many people aren't using the app as I do. Hardcore driving, and being a GPS geek. 8^)

This morning I updated and installed the new Waze before going to work.

The search engine seems to have been revamped. As far as I can tell, in a general search, your favorites are no longer returned, or your destination history, or the people in your phone book. (ISTR that there were other types of results returned, I just don't remember them off-hand.)

As for your destination history -- this is the one that I find the worst killer. It's gone -- simply vanished after an hour or so. This alone is guaranteed to make things much harder for me. I'm compiling a list of hundreds if not thousands of places that I need to deliver to. At the end of my work day, I would look over my drive history and use that as a list of places where I might need to edit the Waze map. Now that list is no longer there.

And the favorites list is still as disfunctional as always. The only order there is the order that they were entered in on. Even having them displayed in the order most recently used would be helpful. Just save all destinations as favorites before driving. (Well, the ones I want to look back on later.)

If I could roll back to the previous version of Waze, I would. But as I run Linux on my computers, backing up my apps is a lot harder than finding a way to back up my data.

Oh, on a side note, when my phone updated the software, I was apparently waiting for a 300 point candy for making 3000 edits. Today, while on my 11 hour drive to/from/during work, I ended up eating at least 15 of those candies. (It seems like whenever I shut off waze for a bit while at a stop, then turned it on after a longer than brief stop, I would get another 3-4 candies. Then nothing until the following stop.) Actually, I probably had more candies than that -- I couldn't always glance at the screen and I did have mysterious, "What road candy did I just eat?" moments today. I even had a moment where I was sitting in my basement apartment, looking at Waze for the destinations history to go over my edits (with the phone perfectly still on the desktop) when I heard candy-eating sounds without knowing why...

As I was already in the national top 50 for weekly points (mostly due to edits, I don't drive THAT much!), it should be interesting to see how many points I have tomorrow when they update, and see if they were credited to my account... Hmmm... Maybe I should have stayed quiet here... :lol:

I would also hear a "pock" sound indicating a new football/soccer ball appeared on the map, and I would see it for an moment, and then it would dissapear. But I would still get credit (3 points, with the popup showing that I just ate a road candy) for eating it.

So with Waze, it's been an interesting day. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need to do a lot more manual work to keep doing the updates that I have, due to the lack of saved searches. And the additional problems with the new search engine.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
bikezilla64 wrote:Since getting 3.8.0 My Waze app has had very flaky GPS connections.
It loses the GPS many times during the route, and stops updating the screen. It has also hung up frequently when calculating routes, or updating the route.
I'm not sure it's because of the update, but I am having more routing server timed out messages, and more flakey GPS tracking while in Downtown Chicago. (Sure, I expect it to be wonky on Lower Wacker Drive, but on State Street? It was a first for me.) But it is worth noting that there are a lot of other things that could be the cause, such as the provider, my cell phone (AT&T, iPhone 5) the tall buildings bouncing a signal in unexpected ways... Still got more routing server timed out messages outside of downtown though... But that could be the server. Unless a *LOT* of people are having these issues where they hadn't previously had them, then I'm willing to dismiss everything due to factors other than the update.

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
Tamieu wrote:##@restorefav recovers the missing favorite but the whole point of favorites is not having to type anything...
I don't have a large enough data set (only a set of one) to say if this was the cause of the effect, but it's worth noting that I used ##@restorefav (a function I didn't know existed until just now!) and my searches were saved for what appeared to be 8-10 hours. Might be less, but definately longer than they had been. I can confirm 4+hours.

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
A few days ago I had my bluetooth stop working with Waze, with mixed results.

To fix the problem, I deleted and reinstalled the app. Problem solved. (The negative part is that as far as I can tell, this is a problem unique to this release. I could be wrong. I haven't been around for years quite yet.)

On the plus side, by deleting and reinstalling the app, I had a pleasant and surprising side-effect. My ability to see my recent history by looking at recent searches is now working again. My saved searches are now lasting lasting a minimum of 12 hours. While I wish it was 24 or even 72 hours, this is a vast improvement.

Once again, as a sample size of one, I can't guarantee success elsewhere, but I wish you luck!

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by kt1289
I have absolutely no idea if I'm doing this right, but here it goes.

I am so FRUSTRATED with Waze right now.

Every so often, I literally can NOT use waze because it keeps kicking me out of the App like once or more a week.

AND I can Almost NEVER see a friends drive when they share it with me. Again, Waze KEEPS KICKING ME OUT OF THE APP.

I've tried uninstalling waze, and re-installing it like twice. I've even restated my phone multiple times to try to do something to fix it.. NOTHING.

Help. Seriously, I can't deal with waze. :evil:
kt1289
Send a message

Post by kthrynileen
After latest update, thought sound on iPhone was low but it was coming out of ear speaker, not the speakerphone like usual. Have toggled sound to speaker, have app sound maxed, have phone vol maxed, deleted, and reinstalled app, rebooted phone and now I have no sound at all. Not sure what happened but this is completely not useful now unless I want to endanger myself and others by just looking at the map.
kthrynileen
Send a message