iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby FreeStyle369 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 pm

speedlever wrote:If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried it. I know it has low RAM but Waze runs well without logging in.
I believe it's something with the login routine. Also the app quits when I try to register an account ( Settings -> Account & Login ).
FreeStyle369

Postby Helenkq » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 am

world_eai8qjho wrote:After upgrading from version 3.8.0 to iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone 5s submitted bug. The application does not start correctly and ends automaticmente. Happened but someone with iphone 5s and iOS 7.1.1?

Had the exact same problem after the last upgrade. Waze just crashed during startup or the map flashed for a few minutes and crashed then,at every start it begun to download "new prompts" but never quite managed. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it yesterday and so far it seems to be working nice again. I had it connected to my FB account so all the points and favorites are still there after reinstall.
Helenkq

Postby FreeStyle369 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:13 am

Dear Waze support,

I found a problem when logging into my account on my iPad 1 3G (32GB), iOS 5.1.1

When I click on "Already a Wazer" button, the app quits to main menu. Tried reinstalling without success.

I made a short video (with a crappy phone) to demonstrate:
http://youtu.be/sQQeqUBXqHk

Hope to have it fixed soon! Please let me know if you need logs or something.
FreeStyle369

Postby redvers76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:23 am

Dave2084 wrote:
The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

Is this something anyone can do? If so, how? :)
redvers76

Postby krikketdoug » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 am

Tamieu wrote:##@restorefav recovers the missing favorite but the whole point of favorites is not having to type anything...

I don't have a large enough data set (only a set of one) to say if this was the cause of the effect, but it's worth noting that I used ##@restorefav (a function I didn't know existed until just now!) and my searches were saved for what appeared to be 8-10 hours. Might be less, but definately longer than they had been. I can confirm 4+hours.

Krikket
krikketdoug

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

danianzueto wrote:Anybody have problems looking for places that include numbers in the name?

Interesting... There is a thread in the Navigation or Search forum regarding an issue with certain Places. They do happen to have numbers in them.

Actually, it's in this forum: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96599
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Strange 'no TTS audible' drive today:

I checked to make sure sound was on.
I switched to 'recorder' and made sure sound was up.
WHEN I CLOSED 'RECORDER' I HEARD one voice prompt before I re-opened WAZE.
No voice prompts heard after that!!!!!
I tried the 3 finger to open voice commands and checked, volume level was STILL UP.

EDIT: Today, I disabled the 'use buttons to adjust ringer' option and I went to WAZE and turned up the volume and this time I could hear the prompts. Clearly there are some strange interactions taking place.

This version is SO messed up that they either need to immediately issue update fixing this stuff or re-issue the previous version with a new number.
Last edited by bz2012 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Tamieu » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25 am

Hi,

I have a problem with the last version.
When I added a favorite sometimes it doesn't show up. Sometimes it does.
##@restorefav recovers the missing favorite but the whole point of favorites is not having to type anything...
Extra info:
The address was already a favorite but after the update it disappeared...
So I added it again (not knowing what happened) but with the same name as another existing favorite. (because it's the new home of a person and they haven't moved yet). But with the same name. The favorite wouldn't appear, so I named it <name> 2. In that way both the old address and the new address of the person are a favorite.
But then I noticed that sometimes the new favorite doesn't appear.
Any ideas on fixing this? Or is this a bug?
Tamieu

Postby danianzueto » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:27 am

Anybody have problems looking for places that include numbers in the name?
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby sketch » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bz2012 wrote:In WAZE, those buttons only effect the 'ringer volume' for some strange reason. (someone reported that DURING a WAZE voice announcement, the buttons would work, but how do you time things right to hit those buttons during the announcement?)

No need to time it. I've written this I think 20 times in various threads: You can also adjust the device volume when you activate voice command. (Previously in this thread: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... el#p816615)

Or just turn off "Change with Buttons" under "RINGER AND ALERTS" in the iOS Sounds settings menu. My ringer is either on or off; I would much rather be able to change the media volume (incl. Waze) at any time.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App