iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

danianzueto wrote:Anybody have problems looking for places that include numbers in the name?

Interesting... There is a thread in the Navigation or Search forum regarding an issue with certain Places. They do happen to have numbers in them.

Actually, it's in this forum: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96599
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm

I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote:I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.

+1!

The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

I've lost track of how many times I have reported this but still Waze does not fix it.
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.3.2 • Waze 4.8
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby splash883 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 pm

sketch wrote: The timing of the second and final prompts is poor, especially at high speeds. Both come too late, especially the final prompt. The final prompt should still give you enough time to actually act; instead, you'd better already be in the correct lane and on the brakes, or else you'll miss the turn or exit. I almost did on the freeway drive I did the other day, and found myself second-guessing because of it. The final prompt should come early enough to allow me to change one last lane on the freeway or to slow down for a turn. Likewise, the second prompt, at 0.5 mi, is definitely not early enough on the freeway to change multiple lanes in high-traffic situations, especially in fast-paced heavy city traffic. 1/4 mile is fine for city speeds, but the second prompt should be given a full mile away at freeway speeds, perhaps with 3/4 mile around 55 mph and 1/2 mile around 40 mph.

I am having the same problem. It tells me to "turn right in 375 feet" as I'm making the right turn.
Please fix this! Not very helpful when I'm not sure where I'm going!
Verizon iPhone5 iOS 7.1.2, Waze Level: Royalty
splash883

Postby krikketdoug » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 am

Tamieu wrote:##@restorefav recovers the missing favorite but the whole point of favorites is not having to type anything...

I don't have a large enough data set (only a set of one) to say if this was the cause of the effect, but it's worth noting that I used ##@restorefav (a function I didn't know existed until just now!) and my searches were saved for what appeared to be 8-10 hours. Might be less, but definately longer than they had been. I can confirm 4+hours.

Krikket
Krikket
a.k.a. Doug Krick

ImageImage
Chicago Speed and Traffic Cameras
http://webapps1.cityofchicago.org/traffic/
krikketdoug

Postby redvers76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:23 am

Dave2084 wrote:
The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

Is this something anyone can do? If so, how? :)
redvers76

Postby FreeStyle369 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:13 am

Dear Waze support,

I found a problem when logging into my account on my iPad 1 3G (32GB), iOS 5.1.1

When I click on "Already a Wazer" button, the app quits to main menu. Tried reinstalling without success.

I made a short video (with a crappy phone) to demonstrate:
http://youtu.be/sQQeqUBXqHk

Hope to have it fixed soon! Please let me know if you need logs or something.
FreeStyle369

Postby Helenkq » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 am

world_eai8qjho wrote:After upgrading from version 3.8.0 to iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone 5s submitted bug. The application does not start correctly and ends automaticmente. Happened but someone with iphone 5s and iOS 7.1.1?

Had the exact same problem after the last upgrade. Waze just crashed during startup or the map flashed for a few minutes and crashed then,at every start it begun to download "new prompts" but never quite managed. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it yesterday and so far it seems to be working nice again. I had it connected to my FB account so all the points and favorites are still there after reinstall.
Helenkq

iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby speedlever » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:36 am

If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby FreeStyle369 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 pm

speedlever wrote:If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried it. I know it has low RAM but Waze runs well without logging in.
I believe it's something with the login routine. Also the app quits when I try to register an account ( Settings -> Account & Login ).
FreeStyle369

Postby speedlever » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:12 am

Just checked on my G1 iPad and I have 3.8.0, I see my name, user name, and email. I'm not seeing any issues on the iPad front. But I don't ever use the iPad for Waze. That's what my Android phone is for.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App