iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby kjstech » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Every once in awhile the voice guidance will turn back on to full. I normally have it on "alerts only". This was a problem for a long time (few months at least). So this is not a new issue that started with this version. This has been for the last few versions at least.

iPhone 5
ios 7.1.1
PA, USA - iPhone 6 plus - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer - Rank 2,214 and counting.
kjstech

Postby squidbert » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 am

This upgrade, in my opinion, is a total FAIL. It use to be SO EASY to "Send ETA" to ANYONE with just their phone number. Now, my family, friends and customers have asked me to STOP "Share Drive" (really, no one is riding with me and I'm not planning on picking anyone up - where did they come up with this feature name and who thought it made sense??) because IT NEVER WORKS. The "Most Recent" list that pops up NEVER has my wife's number in it, even though 9 out of 10 times I'm "Drive Sharing" with her (at least....trying to). If I type her number in, she gets an SMS message from some whacked out number (and clicking the link doesn't work). If I Send Via Text, she gets the link, but when she clicks it, she gets a blank map. If I Send via Email, she gets a blank email that says "no content". ....And those last three options? I have to first click a tiny link to get to them, then select the option I want. In the previous version? Click one button and type the first couple of digits, then select the full number from the list. EASY. AND IT WORKED!

I can't recommend this app any longer if the developers think it's a good idea to release a wide-ranging upgrade with very little notice (one day my button says "Send ETA", the next, it's "Share Drive". Never knew this was going to happen) and clearly long before it should have been released. How about working out bugs BEFORE dropping the update on us? This app was easy to use, logical, and had very cool features. It's now a mess to use, confusing and most of the cool features are broke. BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION!
squidbert

Postby danianzueto » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:44 pm

In the points sections in Spanish Latinoamerica it have this mistake.
ImageImage Image
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Baldugaras » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 am

The Philippines just lost Gas Price functionality. Have any other users reported this? Reported both on iOS and Android.

Gas button is gone from reports.
Going to Navigation menu, Gas Prices button is no longer available. The categories button is back though.
Under Navigation menu, hitting the Categories button, then going to Gas Station, gas prices are no longer shown.
Waze Philippines Country Manager
ImageImage
Unggoy lang May hawak nang Saging
join Philippine Waze Users group on Facebook
Baldugaras

Postby jersey_m » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 pm

App allowed driving thru closed roads?

[img]IMG_1914.jpg[/img]
Attachments
IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1914.jpg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 563 times
jersey_m

Postby JohnDoe75 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Doesn't seem to be validated or expired since the road doesn't have the orange-white stripes.

Was it closed ?
CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Trentino, Italia
AM North & Center Portugal
JohnDoe75
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby felohidalgo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:52 pm

The clousure has to be done in both directions and it takes more than one person to confirm that it is closed.
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby papowpow » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 am

jtbnz wrote:The change to the Share My Drive in my opinion is a massive failure. Messages, if they turn up at all, are often delayed by over half an hour and useless, my wife often receives a message that I have shared with her at the same time a message saying I am arriving in 1 minute. This is after a 45 min drive.

I like the ability to have favorites that I send to but just let me send the sms!

While it looks like they are trying to improve this functionality of sharing a drive, they only made it worst. I cannot see anything anymore. Just get worthless notices but cannot see wazer. My kids used this feature this to keep us informed, now I have no idea where they are, only know where they are going. Very frustrating.
papowpow

Postby NorfolkMustard » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 am

The URL in the new follow my drive notification emails seems to always centre the map on a deserted area of Switzerland. This is why it looks like a blank map.
Stu
Local Champ: England wiki | Australia wiki
iOS
NorfolkMustard
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby kt1289 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm

I have absolutely no idea if I'm doing this right, but here it goes.

I am so FRUSTRATED with Waze right now.

Every so often, I literally can NOT use waze because it keeps kicking me out of the App like once or more a week.

AND I can Almost NEVER see a friends drive when they share it with me. Again, Waze KEEPS KICKING ME OUT OF THE APP.

I've tried uninstalling waze, and re-installing it like twice. I've even restated my phone multiple times to try to do something to fix it.. NOTHING.

Help. Seriously, I can't deal with waze. :evil:
kt1289

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App