iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby jtbnz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:28 am

The change to the Share My Drive in my opinion is a massive failure. Messages, if they turn up at all, are often delayed by over half an hour and useless, my wife often receives a message that I have shared with her at the same time a message saying I am arriving in 1 minute. This is after a 45 min drive.

I like the ability to have favorites that I send to but just let me send the sms!
jtbnz

Postby OniNoKen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

If viewing a map for a shared drive, if the drive is of a particularly long distance, the shared drive map seems to have challenges with finding an appropriate scale, and will not hold a user selected scale, instead choosing to zoom all the way in on what is probably the mid point between the two destinations as the crow flies.
OniNoKen

Postby Dave2084 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:36 pm

rodlatham wrote:I wanted to reiterate what someone else has said about last minute turn notification. There is a problem where Waze will tell you to turn literally right at the street. The previous version would do a better job of preparing for the upcoming turn. Please fix. This should be a priority because it will cause people to swerve at the last minute to catch a turn. Thanks.

The opposite is true for me and at least some other UK Users in that the final instruction is now too early!
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby rodlatham » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 pm

I wanted to reiterate what someone else has said about last minute turn notification. There is a problem where Waze will tell you to turn literally right at the street. The previous version would do a better job of preparing for the upcoming turn. Please fix. This should be a priority because it will cause people to swerve at the last minute to catch a turn. Thanks.
rodlatham

Postby JohnDoe75 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 pm

LASHAWNPulkoski wrote:I'm dead in the water.
I have been a registered user for a long time. Many trips to NY from NC. After updating today I cant log in. I have requested the sms link several times but each time it just takes me to the waze app to the same page I was just on, nothing new. I had to set up a new account just to be able to look for help. I have bragged to all my friends about how great waze is but If I have to start over I will just return to my garmin. All I need is my user name and password I have had for years. Any idea how to get it? No I did not add an e-mail address to my account didn't know I needed to.

Is the username LASHAWNPulkoski the one you used to login in Waze the first time ?
If yes use it with the same password you used to connect to this forum
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby X_KnightRider_X » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:53 pm

This is my first post here, and I suppose my effort of finding this place is a testament to how much I've liked this app. This latest update has ruined it, however, as I can no longer send a link to those I want to with the ETA. I don't want waze to take care of sending the links, and I certainly am not going to add my phone number to Google's database. Heck, I am sorry I had auto update turned on in the App Store. I wish there were a way to go back to the previous version.

I had already linked to Facebook. That should have been enough.
X_KnightRider_X

Postby world_eai8qjho » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:15 pm

After upgrading from version 3.8.0 to iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone 5s submitted bug. The application does not start correctly and ends automaticmente. Happened but someone with iphone 5s and iOS 7.1.1?
world_eai8qjho

Postby jokizwo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Some favorites appear in search suggestions, others don't. In result some of my favorites can be searched. Others not. Even if you type the full name. Is it a feature or not. No one knows :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jokizwo

Postby jokizwo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:10 pm

The order of my favorites got lost. I reordered them but again it got lost. Never happened before on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jokizwo

Postby BaconDog » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:59 pm

bz2012 wrote:try going to the 'voice memo' app and set the volume to max with the buttons.
Close voice memo and try WAZE.
That 'fixed' the volume for me.

There is nothing special about the Voice Memo app. Any app that uses the audio channel (most games, for instance) will allow you to adjust the volume (as opposed to the ringer) and that volume adjustment will persist in Waze.

Easier(?): If you have Voice Commands enabled in Waze, use a three finger tap to activate, adjust the volume, and then a single tap to dismiss Voice Commands.
BaconDog

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App