iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby brewbyte » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:54 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
brewbyte wrote:I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.

Sounds like Waze has not requested to access your contacts yet. What happens when you tap the Friends icon on the main screen, then tap the Add Friends icon at the top right?

Thanks for the response. When I click My Waze ==> My Friends then click the Add Friends icons at the top right I get the option of My Contacts or Facebook Friends. Tapping My Contacts results in the 'Hold Up...' screen where it directs me to Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Waze isn't showing up there.
brewbyte

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby brewbyte » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 pm

kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...

even if waze does not plan on addressing this or some global champ strenuously disagrees, can someone at least say if waze is even aware of this complaint?

click to share:

IMG_1305.PNG

here's what you see

IMG_1306.PNG

no thank-you.

I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.
brewbyte

Postby brewbyte » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:51 pm

In order to complete the social setup I am required to navigate to my iPhone settings => Privacy => Contacts and make sure Waze is allowed to access my contacts. Waze is not showing up there and I'm unable to complete the social set up so I can share my drive. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running iOS 7.1.1 and Waze 3.8.0.
brewbyte

Postby bjsvec » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm

For those complaining about SMS from third part server/phone number when sharing drive or location IT IS possible to still send via email or regular message app. You have to click the small print "More sending options" below the new "TAP A PHOTO" thing.

I would like to state that this should be cleaned up and improved though. It should be possible to choose sending method easier and have that choice saved for easy, regular access.

I also want to add that on my SNED LOCATION screen I always have a couple of unknown waze users showing as default as if I have used them before, but I have not. Again, this screen needs some improvement.
bjsvec

Postby bikezilla64 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Since getting 3.8.0 My Waze app has had very flaky GPS connections.
It loses the GPS many times during the route, and stops updating the screen. It has also hung up frequently when calculating routes, or updating the route.
I also get a persistent routing server timed out error or routing Six Flags, Jackson NJ.

I read through several pages in this thread but didn't see it mentioned.
Anyone else having these problems?
bikezilla64

Postby Baldugaras » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 am

The Philippines just lost Gas Price functionality. Have any other users reported this? Reported both on iOS and Android.

Gas button is gone from reports.
Going to Navigation menu, Gas Prices button is no longer available. The categories button is back though.
Under Navigation menu, hitting the Categories button, then going to Gas Station, gas prices are no longer shown.
Waze Philippines Local Champ / Country Manager
ImageImageImage
Unggoy lang May hawak nang Saging
join Philippine Waze Users group on Facebook
Baldugaras
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby BaconDog » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:59 pm

bz2012 wrote:try going to the 'voice memo' app and set the volume to max with the buttons.
Close voice memo and try WAZE.
That 'fixed' the volume for me.

There is nothing special about the Voice Memo app. Any app that uses the audio channel (most games, for instance) will allow you to adjust the volume (as opposed to the ringer) and that volume adjustment will persist in Waze.

Easier(?): If you have Voice Commands enabled in Waze, use a three finger tap to activate, adjust the volume, and then a single tap to dismiss Voice Commands.
- Jeff -
iOS 7.1.1
Waze 3.8
BaconDog

Postby BaconDog » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:28 pm

kthrynileen wrote:Was not aware of the need to activate voice commands to adjust volume but I figured it was worth a shot. I got my sound back by merely activating the voice commands. Was this the problem all along? Do you NOT receive audible navigation until you enable voice commands? This was either not the case before (because this is the first time I've looked at this setting) or it defaulted to it previously and now it does not. Just to clarify, I enabled voice commands and now the sound is back - I did not adjust any volume settings at all.

As I understand it, the 'audio channel' for an app needs to be on in order for iOS to adjust the speaker volume. If the audio channel is off the ringer volume is adjusted. One way to guarantee the audio channel is on in Waze is to activate the voice commands.
- Jeff -
iOS 7.1.1
Waze 3.8
BaconDog

Postby BaconDog » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:49 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
BaconDog wrote:
  • The volume control buttons change the Ringer volume and not the app volume. I had to switch to a different app to change the volume and then go back to Waze

This has been an issue for quite some time, asked many times and answered just as often. Because Waze doesn't have a constantly open audio channel, the volume buttons when Waze isn't playing a sound, adjust the ringer volume and not the output volume which Waze will use. This is kind of by design of Waze and iOS, but it is annoying.

You can change the output volume with the hardware buttons when a sound is playing or when you activate voice commands and the "listening" prompt is on the screen.

I'm going back to my original impression that volume control is currently broken. In the previous version I never had any problem adjusting the volume. Even knowing the 'proper' way of activating the voice commands and then adjusting the volume -- it gives no feedback as to what volume you are adjusting it to. I end up passing my iPhone to the passenger with the instructions to switch to another app, adjust the volume, and then return to Waze. Why should volume control be so complicated?

I understand the Waze/iOS interaction, but it did work flawlessly for me before.
- Jeff -
iOS 7.1.1
Waze 3.8
BaconDog

Postby BaconDog » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

amswitzer wrote:Found it tricky to send a "Share" to someone who is not a Waze user. Waze used to open the iMessage App (on iOS) and the user simply entered the contact info and sent. Seems that it takes several steps now if your contact is on not on your friends list. Not a good idea when you're driving - actually - it's unsafe! Too many steps.
Don't like the fact that you can't add a contact to your friend list without sending them a request to join Waze. Not everyone I send the request to even has a car and would not need Waze.
AND - big problem: Waze now sends shares and request from their on SMS server. That's troublesome because the recipient often has no clue who is texting them and may not read it. And you can't ask recipients to save the contact under "Waze" because the number the text is coming from changes all of the time.

I agree with these items. I like to share my ETA with friends -- most of whom are not Waze users. My wife has no interest in Waze but I let her know when I am coming home from work every day. I think it is great to have a list of friends it is easy to send my route to, but find it unfair/frustrating that they have to be Waze users (in order to be in the 'Tap a photo to share...' tray). I want non-Waze users in the tray as well.

Getting the text message from the Waze servers rather than from me is also problematic. I hate to act like an old codger but I liked the old way better. Not sure what the new method brings to the table. It certainly confused my wife.
- Jeff -
iOS 7.1.1
Waze 3.8
BaconDog

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App