iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby NorfolkMustard » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm

NorfolkMustard wrote:The URL in the new follow my drive notification emails seems to always centre the map on a deserted area of Switzerland. This is why it looks like a blank map.

actually, this seems to be working today. Last Friday it was all Swiss
Stu
Local Champ: England wiki | Australia wiki
iOS
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Proggie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:59 am

Sharing drive has problems. Sometimes when the user is sharing the drive, their avatar doesn't update unless you manually refresh the map by zooming in and dragging around the map. Other times the user's route just suddenly disappears and you can't see them on them map anymore, even though they're still showing up on the regular waze map.
Proggie

Postby tire_iron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Have you guys seen this thread - https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p834488

Basically, Waze does not alert for police or red light cameras if the phone is locked (e.g. when using voice navigation in my car with the screen turned off). Other people have the same problem, so using waze with the screen off is a very legitimate use case.

Sometimes, if I unlock the screen on my iPhone 5s right when I'm approaching police, Waze would alert on screen unlock - but without unlocking, it doesn't alert.
tire_iron

Postby sed0 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I've noticed if I'm going through an area of poor or no signal and then return to an area with 4G or LTE signal, the app will continue to show 'Searching for network'. It's not unless I find WiFi or force-close and restart the app that the connection is re-established. It also doesn't matter if I let it search for 10 or more minutes. My phone's data connection seems ok as I can use Safari at the same time or get emails.

I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2 on T-Mobile on Waze 3.8.0. It's been an issue with the iOS 8 beta 3 (though there are more instabilities there that are probably unrelated to the app itself).
sed0

Postby danianzueto » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:33 pm

sia0 wrote:I've noticed if I'm going through an area of poor or no signal and then return to an area with 4G or LTE signal, the app will continue to show 'Searching for network'. It's not unless I find WiFi or force-close and restart the app that the connection is re-established. It also doesn't matter if I let it search for 10 or more minutes. My phone's data connection seems ok as I can use Safari at the same time or get emails.

I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2 on T-Mobile on Waze 3.8.0. It's been an issue with the iOS 8 beta 3 (though there are more instabilities there that are probably unrelated to the app itself).

I have the same problem with 3G with iPhone 5.
ImageImage Image
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby sketch » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:55 am

tire_iron wrote:Have you guys seen this thread - https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p834488

Basically, Waze does not alert for police or red light cameras if the phone is locked (e.g. when using voice navigation in my car with the screen turned off). Other people have the same problem, so using waze with the screen off is a very legitimate use case.

Sometimes, if I unlock the screen on my iPhone 5s right when I'm approaching police, Waze would alert on screen unlock - but without unlocking, it doesn't alert.

This is a long-time bug, but it is planned to be fixed soon.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby normka » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:59 pm

georgeoftaylors wrote:I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem with alternate routes?
When I select the map view of additional routes, the map automatically zooms so far in that you can't see the routes. If you scroll out, it will display the routes temporarily until you take your finger off the screen, then it auto zooms too far in again. Trying to email tech support about this but couldn't get the link to work .
Thanks

The same thing happens on my iPhone. I note that it works OK if the distance is about 200 miles but if it is 300 miles, the routes are momentarily displayed then the app auto zooms in.
normka

Postby euscera » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 am

Features which are confusing in this version -- new phone / facebook share the drive connection and my audio is way too quiet.

- for the first one - would be nice to share over text easier (like in previous versions)
- for the second - would be amazing to get the volume UP!

Thanks
euscera

Postby sketch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:55 pm

normka wrote:
georgeoftaylors wrote:I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem with alternate routes?
When I select the map view of additional routes, the map automatically zooms so far in that you can't see the routes. If you scroll out, it will display the routes temporarily until you take your finger off the screen, then it auto zooms too far in again. Trying to email tech support about this but couldn't get the link to work .
Thanks

The same thing happens on my iPhone. I note that it works OK if the distance is about 200 miles but if it is 300 miles, the routes are momentarily displayed then the app auto zooms in.

This changed sometime around or just before version 3.7.8. For some reason, zoom levels higher than a certain point were removed. I think it's a shame, because it makes it impossible to see your full route on longer drives.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bjsvec » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm

For those complaining about SMS from third part server/phone number when sharing drive or location IT IS possible to still send via email or regular message app. You have to click the small print "More sending options" below the new "TAP A PHOTO" thing.

I would like to state that this should be cleaned up and improved though. It should be possible to choose sending method easier and have that choice saved for easy, regular access.

I also want to add that on my SNED LOCATION screen I always have a couple of unknown waze users showing as default as if I have used them before, but I have not. Again, this screen needs some improvement.
bjsvec

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App