Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tire_iron
Have you guys seen this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92965&p=834488#p834488

Basically, Waze does not alert for police or red light cameras if the phone is locked (e.g. when using voice navigation in my car with the screen turned off). Other people have the same problem, so using waze with the screen off is a very legitimate use case.

Sometimes, if I unlock the screen on my iPhone 5s right when I'm approaching police, Waze would alert on screen unlock - but without unlocking, it doesn't alert.
tire_iron
Send a message

Post by turboluis
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
yes, everybody. use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
vvbarryvv wrote:Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....
use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
omba_de wrote:Uhh. I've never heard of that before... You can't even receive a text message?
where have u been hiding, most carriers offer the option to block sms, i used to have it blocked
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
pjlasl wrote:Tts no worky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update. and turn off automatic updates.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
world_2u33p9el wrote:
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
I can confirm this. Lost my TTS completely after the upgrade. Is there a solution to this?

delete the app and then use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update. and turn off automatic updates.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
Dave2084 wrote:Two more items:
1. Speed cameras now trigger both ways on a two way road.
2. iOS and android hazard reports still don't match. Specifically the 'car stopped on road' report is missing in iOS. This is do easy to fix, I do it in about a minute for every release.

Before
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/uqyguzap.jpg

After
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/pe8a8ede.jpg
u forgot to explain HOW
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
RTPeat wrote:
omba_de wrote:Fill in the following as a destination in navigation:
cc@tts
Case sensitive
I've tried that already, along with a complete re-install - TTS is still broken.
delete the app and then use itunes to revert back to version 3.7.8 until developers figure out what went wrong with this update. and turn off automatic updates.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
iainhouse wrote:
alig2605 wrote:
Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
I'm using the iOS version and found that it reads out some street names but not all of them.
On one road with multiple roundabouts it said "At the roundabout take the second exit, at the roundabout turn left". The turn left is for the roundabout after the one I was just approaching. (That is, I should be going straight ahead at the first roundabout and left at the following roundabout). This could be rather confusing if I didn't know where I was going…

Cheers
AliG
I suspect that your problem is not with missing TTS voices. It is probably due how the new client announces instructions via TTS. Despite feedback during Beta, we were told this was "working as designed". Now, it seems that it isn't "working as designed" and will be reverted within a couple of months. More info here.
turboluis
Send a message

Post by turboluis
you need to look up the definition of of the word "spamming", so far i am the only that has offered any useful advice. now that i reverted to the previous version, my problem has been solved. i don't see any one else making the same claim. and as for the developers, it is clear that they never read these forums or interact with users. every problem i have ever had, i had to fix on my own because no one on these forums was capable of helping.
:cry:
turboluis
Send a message