iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby omba_de » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 pm

turboluis wrote:
omba_de wrote:Uhh. I've never heard of that before... You can't even receive a text message?

where have u been hiding, most carriers offer the option to block sms, i used to have it blocked

Uhm... I could have asked in which crazy country do you live... But I didn't. And why? Cause several countries or continents (what do I know??) have several carrier plans.
And if you should ever move to the DACH-region you'll find no single carrier who offers a plan w/out SMS...
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dogadaner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm

usa_eq6yo75b wrote:Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".

Other things I tried:
- Change username - not possible. Neither in app nor on website.
- Change Emailadress - not working in app, nor mobile chrome, nor OSX chrome. But worked after second time in Mobile safari.
- Change password - worked in mobile safari.

Nothing helped me out.

Very sad! It was such a good app. I'll try to go back to V3.7.8 if I can handle this. Found a tutorial.

Sent from iPhone with Tapatalk
Dogadaner

Postby sketch » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm

RTPeat wrote:
omba_de wrote:Fill in the following as a destination in navigation:
cc@tts
Case sensitive

I've tried that already, along with a complete re-install - TTS is still broken.

Both of these might be hurting your case, actually.

Something is definitely wrong with the TTS server or the way the app connects to it. It works only occasionally; seems like it's better some times of the day and worse other times. But every time it DOES work, it saves the speech file to your cache, so if you take that road again you'll hear it again. So clearing your cache and reinstalling can actually hurt your case. And using it for a week without clearing your cache will make it at least halfway usable.

The server problem should only affect getting street names; Waze TTS voices include a big set of fallback phrases (like "turn left" alone) for when the download doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pjlasl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Tts no worky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby speedlever » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:36 am

If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.
speedlever

Postby speedlever » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Look for the 3.7.8 rollback thread. It's very easy to rollback.

Edit: Apologies. I thought this was the Android thread. Not sure about rollback with iOs.
speedlever

Postby JohnDoe75 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 pm

What's new

Keeping up with friends & family is easier than ever before! With new & improved features, put an end to those pesky texts and phone calls – “I’m leaving now,” I’m stuck in traffic,” “Almost there!” – allowing Waze to do the work for you.

- Find more friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send & receive friend requests and manage your friends list
- Get in touch with friends directly from their profiles: Share a drive, call, message or beep beep to say - hello!
- Locations sent between friends are saved on user profiles for future navigation
- New easy-to-use design for sending locations
- Share your drive to let friends & family know you’re on the way
- Redesigned ETA screen includes friends display to easily share your drive
- New icon on ETA tab shows the number of people viewing your shared drive, and expands for overview of activity
- Main menu redesigned to include new Send Location button and Share Drive button in Nav mode

Bug fixes:
- Waze freezing when performing a search
- General stability improvements
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Previous

Return to Waze App