These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by calasanzio
My commute is 70 miles. After the last update (3.8.0) Waze propose me a new itinerary of 77 miles, much longer in time and distance compared to the traditional one. The first time I thought there was slow traffic or an accident on the traditional route, but no.
Now everyday Waze propose me the longest (time and distance) route
calasanzio
Send a message

Post by caltech
Privacy at risk !!!

In this version, with no warning, it seems that a huge change in privacy occurred for waze on IOS.
When you want to share your position with your family, not only you are now asked to enter and verify your phone number (for what reason if we don't need to), but you NEED to share your contacts... What is the real intent behind that obligation?

Would that be the new Google touch kicking in ? :o

Not acceptable, reversing to 3.7.8 immediately until this is fixed !!
In parallel, searching for alternatives, as I feel now very much uncomfortable with a good product in no so good hands apparently...

I urge anybody to think twice before to share all of this for that purpose...
caltech
Send a message

Post by caltech
dmcconachie wrote:
caltech wrote:Privacy at risk !!!

In this version, with no warning, it seems that a huge change in privacy occurred for waze on IOS.
When you want to share your position with your family, not only you are now asked to enter and verify your phone number (for what reason if we don't need to), but you NEED to share your contacts... What is the real intent behind that obligation?

Would that be the new Google touch kicking in ? :o

Not acceptable, reversing to 3.7.8 immediately until this is fixed !!
In parallel, searching for alternatives, as I feel now very much uncomfortable with a good product in no so good hands apparently...

I urge anybody to think twice before to share all of this for that purpose...
It's for friend-matching. Put your tinfoil hat away!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I understand, but if it was only for friend-matching, why then would they ask for sharing all your contacts and make that MANDATORY. If you want to share, fine, if you don't, why take away the function that was working in the 3.7 without sharing it... See my point ? :)
caltech
Send a message

Post by christianTF
I'd like to have the "other sending options" links (email, text) back to the main ETA screen.
I never send ETA to other Wazers, but always by email.
The "other" link is small and nearly invisible, and it's enough free space for the buttons.

Geschrieben mit TapaTalk
christianTF
Send a message

Post by coontex
jbstevens8 wrote:I am unable to open the scoreboard page within the Iphone App. When I click on "My Waze"-->"Scoreboard" I get a page that says "Oops! Something Went Wrong.....Sorry there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later."

My friend on his droid is getting the same error message.
This is happening across multiple devices and they hope to have it fixes soon .
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Corgi3Gal
Dogadaner wrote:
usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.
Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
It looks like you are stuck, because the Continue button doesn't do anything when clicked. However, the message is prompting you to enter a new user name. Type your new user name into the empty quote bubble above the Wazer icon, and then click the Continue button.
Corgi3Gal
Send a message

Post by crturboguy
I've noticed a bug in this version, and the previous version, maybe before that even.

1: go to navigate, search for a location/address/contact
2: select the result
3: it brings up a map of the address, hit go
4: you can now accept the default route, or select the 'routes' button to view alternative routes
5: hit the 'map' button to view the routes on a map, go back to the 'list' view and select your route

You have now lost the ability to snap to your location and have waze update the map with your position during the drive.

--JOsh
crturboguy
Send a message

Post by danbert8
TheSharkThatAteSnuffy wrote: 2. I can"t send my ETA to my wife without entering a phone number. I can find nothing on you site telling me what you will do with that phone number. The text on the screen implies that it is to help find friends. But I don't want to find friends on Waze. I just want to send an ETA to my wife.
Not just a phone number, as I found out, that's just the first step (they don't tell you it's multiple steps). First they need your phone number, then they need you to verify it is indeed your phone number, then they need you to enter your username and allow it to be seen by all, THEN you need to allow Waze access to all your phone's contacts (I stopped at this step as I don't give permission for Waze to have all my contact info), then who knows?

I consider this release to be taking away the feature of letting people know your ETA and current location. Because it used to work with just sending them a link, now it doesn't work without selling out all my friends and colleagues.
danbert8
Send a message

Post by danianzueto
Anybody have problems looking for places that include numbers in the name?
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by danianzueto
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/5yqagequ.jpg

In the points sections in Spanish Latinoamerica it have this mistake.
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message