Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ejleslie
I read through the first 17 pages of this thread and while a lot of people are talking about the contact list stuff, I didn't see anything about actual drive sharing.

Does it work? Has it ever worked?

I have tried repeatedly this week to share my drive with a friend, or have them share theirs with me. ONE time, I was able to see them in real time on the map, with their route displayed and their place on it. Even then, when they had to deviate from the route, the map lost them entirely, not displaying their icon anywhere on it at all.

Every other time, I'm only shown a pin at their destination, not their route or their realtime location on the map, even though they chose to "share their drive" with me. I mean, it's worked maybe 1 time out of 12.

Is that the experience of other users? Because this is basically useless.
ejleslie
Send a message

Post by euscera
Features which are confusing in this version -- new phone / facebook share the drive connection and my audio is way too quiet.

- for the first one - would be nice to share over text easier (like in previous versions)
- for the second - would be amazing to get the volume UP!

Thanks
euscera
Send a message

Post by felohidalgo
The clousure has to be done in both directions and it takes more than one person to confirm that it is closed.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by fieldenm
I'm a huge fan of Waze, and will be reluctant to defect, but for those needing a clean, reliable, dynamic navigation experience, Google Navigation seems difficult to beat - especially now the Waze upgrade appears to have backfired, worsening performance.

Waze must get the basics of navigation right quickly! Otherwise, I doubt additional gimmicks will be sufficient to reverse attrition.

I do worry though that Waze is being pushed further towards the social functions to differentiate it from the efficient and improving Google Navigation and this is taking the focus away from routing.

I suggest that we have to be careful to minimise interaction / distraction as this is a driving App, and looking at your phone / using menus could be very dangerous when you should be looking out of the window.
fieldenm
Send a message

Post by FreeStyle369
Dear Waze support,

I found a problem when logging into my account on my iPad 1 3G (32GB), iOS 5.1.1

When I click on "Already a Wazer" button, the app quits to main menu. Tried reinstalling without success.

I made a short video (with a crappy phone) to demonstrate:
http://youtu.be/sQQeqUBXqHk

Hope to have it fixed soon! Please let me know if you need logs or something.
FreeStyle369
Send a message

Post by FreeStyle369
speedlever wrote:If that's a gen 1 iPad, I'll bet the problem is too little ram. Close out all apps and restart your iPad and see if it works then. I frequently have similar issues on my gen 1 iPad with certain apps and that has been the only way I can get them to run. I can't wait to dump this iPad for a fresher model.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried it. I know it has low RAM but Waze runs well without logging in.
I believe it's something with the login routine. Also the app quits when I try to register an account ( Settings -> Account & Login ).
FreeStyle369
Send a message

Post by georgeoftaylors
I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem with alternate routes?
When I select the map view of additional routes, the map automatically zooms so far in that you can't see the routes. If you scroll out, it will display the routes temporarily until you take your finger off the screen, then it auto zooms too far in again. Trying to email tech support about this but couldn't get the link to work .
Thanks
georgeoftaylors
Send a message

Post by grumpybeemer
I have unlimited texting in my data plan and I'm not getting the verification text with the pass code. I have requested for the verification text to be re-sent twice and still nada.

Follow up note - I just requested for a verification call to be sent and it confirmed that it was sent and I still didn't get a call or text. This is a feature I use every day and hope to have this function restored soon.
grumpybeemer
Send a message

Post by Helenkq
world_eai8qjho wrote:After upgrading from version 3.8.0 to iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone 5s submitted bug. The application does not start correctly and ends automaticmente. Happened but someone with iphone 5s and iOS 7.1.1?
Had the exact same problem after the last upgrade. Waze just crashed during startup or the map flashed for a few minutes and crashed then,at every start it begun to download "new prompts" but never quite managed. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it yesterday and so far it seems to be working nice again. I had it connected to my FB account so all the points and favorites are still there after reinstall.
Helenkq
Send a message

Post by hsanivaram
1. Earlier, waze used to notify me as "arriving at home", now it just says "you have reached your destination". This feels very AI like unlike the earlier notification.

2. When i lock my phone screen, waze dosent give me any directions. Earlier it used to. This is sorty of killing the experience as now i am more concerned of the battery than reaching home. :?
hsanivaram
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message