These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by darkneon
Stops are not being added to the route! Nexus 5 stock 4.4.3

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/veqy4abe.jpg
Logs send
darkneon

Post by dadadd
Besides all those unneeded "social" things and sending someone unknown to me my phone number, this damn embarrassing icon lays over the speedometer, which is essential for me...
Thinking about rolling back to the previous version. It was not so laggy too.
screenshot.jpg
(248.82 KiB) Downloaded 1227 times
-d.
dadadd

Post by DePauwLeo
I'm having issues with the voice directions not knowing what language it has to speak. I''m using Flemish - Ellen (including street names).

Here is a combined example of what is going wrong (English, Flemish):
In 2.1 km turn left on <name of street in full> then turn right on <name of street in full>.

As you can see, it uses a combination of English and Flemish.
Also, when you arrive at your destination (or when you are near it), it likes to announce this with a sentence where every word is a different language. I even don't know which languages it uses, as I only understand "destination". This used to be nicely "You arrived at <name of destination in full>".

Taking that same example. It pronounces the 2.1 km as "two point one kilometer" (in Flemish). Numbers are not pronounced like that in Flemish, as we use (and say) a comma instead of a point.
Other then this mistake, it seems quite pointless to be so detailed. By the time she said the sentence, I already have traveled 150m, so "two kilometers" would be a lot better!

The new 'friends' button was quite annoying because it was hovering above the zoom-out button. But it seems to have disappeared now. No idea if I did something to make it disappear though.
DePauwLeo

Post by CrackedLCD
In addition to the minor Foursquare check-in bug that leaves the venue list up after I tap one to check-in, I can also confirm that the TTS bug of not reading out street names is present on my Droid DNA running 4.4.2.

Also, the passenger warning when entering gas prices is annoying as heck. I realize it's a safety thing but all it does is make entering gas prices even more difficult, passenger or not, than it already is with those tiny prices to tap on.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by CrackedLCD
MoodZy wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Also, the passenger warning when entering gas prices is annoying as heck. I realize it's a safety thing but all it does is make entering gas prices even more difficult, passenger or not, than it already is with those tiny prices to tap on.
If I remember correctly it was already like that in the precedent versions no? But you are right, it is annoying even tough it is perfectly comprehensive (from a security point of view, but also probably from a legal point of view).
The passenger warning popped up when writing text while reporting a hazard in previous versions, but not when entering gas prices.

On a different note, has anyone had issues with accident alerts with this new version? I got two voice alerts at two minor accident reports today but no pop-up to let me thumbs up or click "not there".

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by dcavanna64
Waze Italy on Facebook gave me the following link to download versione 3.8.0 for my tablet Google Nexus 7 3G 2012:
https://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ve ... _8_0_0.apk

I will do next weekend because I will drive a lot in the next day and then I prefer to use the old version.
dcavanna64

Post by CrackedLCD
numbermaniac wrote:http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/jesa6eby.jpg UPDATE LIMIT??

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2
This isn't client related, it's been like that for a while on the server end. You can report prices for 5 stations, then you have to wait 5 minutes since the last update. The only thing that's changed in this version is the text. Previously it said, "Network error" which was misleading.

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by CrackedLCD
Pellaandru wrote: This statement assumes that everyone wants these "benefits" that Gaggle can bring to Waze users. I fired Gaggle several months ago over shoving G+ down my throat with every service they could. I'm still using Waze because it's still the best navigation app and because I enjoy being an editor. As long as some type of separation exists, I can hold my nose over who owns Waze. If Gaggle insists on shoving G+ into Waze in such a way as I can't have one without the other, I'll stop using Waze on that day. Forever.
Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare integration are all optional in Waze. Why would you expect G+ to be any different?
TakoWays wrote:Downgrading back to Waze 3.7.8 seems to have fixed my newly found problem of lost GPS after long tunnels.
How long is the tunnel where this happens? I occasionally go through some tunnels when visiting our nearby city but the GPS comes back immediately after I get out in the open again. These tunnels are only 0.2-0.3 miles long.

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by DingoIan
The new 'share drive' feature has very slow update rate compared to the old web-based drive tracking feature. Also, the friend's icon doesn't seem to move unless I actively move the map around or zoom in/out.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm on a HTC One M7, Android 4.4.2, Waze 3.8.0.0

Ian
DingoIan
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by crazycaveman
I ran into this issue for a second time: getting a notification bar that says "You are no longer a baby. bla bla bla..." (even goes off the screen; see screenshot). This has been reported before. However, after getting that message, I heard a 'plink' as if a candy was being placed on the road (map edit candy, I assume), but I did not see any candy appear on the map. The next intersection I approached, I 'munched' the candy, without ever being able to see it. In this case, I'm thinking the message should have been about getting points for making 3000 map edits, but this one displayed instead, for whatever reason.

crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs