These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by felohidalgo
huntm856 wrote:
speedlever wrote:If 3.7.8 was serving you well, it's very easy to go back. Look for the 3.7.8 rollback thread.
Found it. Now reverted. Thanks!

For anyone else interested, the thread is at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96998

Too bad, really, because I like some of the new features. I hope Waze fixes v.3.8 soon.

Try reinstalling the new one, but before that, go to your files manager and delete everything about waze, folder and files. That is a clean reinstall, I have Waze on 3 different android phones and those issues you mentioned, never happened to me.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
Exactly, those files are usually the problem. A fresh start is usually good!!! :) :) :)
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
Haven't had that problem, but a clean restart, should help. Erase all folders and files after uninstall. Than reinstall.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
By now you could try with another voice, let me look for a solution.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
helphand wrote:
felohidalgo wrote:By now you could try with another voice, let me look for a solution.
The voice makes no difference. The volume is the issue.

Plus now Waze is useless, it dies repeatedly with no message no warning no obvious reason. Won't run more than a minute before simply dying. Again v 3.8.1.

Waze has gone from being an essential reliable app to a completely unreliable POS that is useless. If I could give negative ratings on the play store, I would.

Scott
It is so weird . I have been using the 3.8.1 all day long and since we got it on beta, no problems at all. Maybe best solution for you is to go back to the previous 3.7 HERE
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by fieldenm
I'm a huge fan of Waze, and will be reluctant to defect, but for those needing a clean, reliable, dynamic navigation experience, Google Navigation seems difficult to beat - especially now the Waze upgrade appears to have backfired, worsening performance.

Waze must get the basics of navigation right quickly! Otherwise, I doubt additional gimmicks will be sufficient to reverse attrition.

I do worry though that Waze is being pushed further towards the social functions to differentiate it from the efficient and improving Google Navigation and this is taking the focus away from routing.

I suggest that we have to be careful to minimise interaction / distraction as this is a driving App, and looking at your phone / using menus could be very dangerous when you should be looking out of the window.
fieldenm
Send a message

Post by ForrestBlack
One new problem I'm having since what I believe was a fairly recent upgrade in the application is that it seems to suddenly have a lot more trouble picking up wi-fi spots as I travel. A person I travel with has the exact same Samsung Galaxy IIIs and she pics up signal through Waze just fine, but mine is constantly popping up a dialog asking me what my cable provider is, etc. It almost doesn't matter where I am, and it's on routs that previously worked great. Now I can't see traffic problems, hazards, other Waze users on the road, or anything but the normal map/GPS, since it no longer comfortably finds local signal as I travel. It's possible this has nothing to do with the app, but it did seem to coincide with an upgrade so I was wondering if anyone could point me to settings that could make this better again?

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question or if I've put it in the wrong place. I didn't find anything via search that seemed close.
ForrestBlack
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I like how railroads and runways are now displayed. However, it could seem confusing having railroads appear like roads in the app. Could it have been possible to display railroads with the classic
railroad tracks.jpg
(12.84 KiB) Downloaded 2492 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
It's only a matter of time before trains get confused and veer off onto the wrong streets cause everything looks the same. :lol: :lol: :lol:
inception train.jpg
(18.81 KiB) Downloaded 2448 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Question,
Where does one find the detailed release notes of the update? This would include what has changed and what/how to view/access it.

It feels a lot like getting a new smart phone and having to find things out by exploring. At least send one of the champs a detailed log so we can make a wiki that really goes deep into what has changed and how to view it.
Fredo-p
Send a message