These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

LIMITS ON GAS UPDATES! :evil:

Post by SteveC100
Hi All,

So with the new update, some smart cookie decided that there should be a limit on the amount of gas stations we can update? For example, I drive past 12 gas stations on the way to work. Once I have done 5 of them (in approx 10 minutes) the 6th now tells me I have updated too many petrol stations and have to wait a while !!!

WHY IS THIS!? What a stupid rule, I completely understand the reporting of traffic limits, but if I drive past each gas station and can update the price, why should I be limited ???

Would love to hear others thoughts
SteveC100

POSTER_ID:16783258

Send a message

Post by usa_pa1v21fu
If I am a passenger and see the price has not changed by looking at the price of regular on the sign I will tap 'yes' to the existing prices. That's a confirmation and I can sometimes see the same prices while a passenger on a highway. That does not make me a gas price spammer.
usa_pa1v21fu
Send a message

Post by taco909
Edward50095 wrote:There are LOTS of WAZERS. Let someone else have a piece of road candy. Which reminds me I see road candy offered just off my programmed path (as if I would exit at the wrong exit to get it and get back on). And I wouldn't be surprised if others do that.
You'll still get it.
If you don't pick up the candy the week it is presented, it will automatically be added with the update the following Monday.

I'm constantly getting the map editing candy showing up in the parking lot behind my condo.
I can never get it when there, every now and then I'll pick it up on the road, but not all the time.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SteveC100 wrote:Have they any stats on spammers v real updates? I always verify price before updating and im loosing out now because of the minority misusing the system?
Waze is much more controlled since you have to be physically near the station to report it, but Gasbuddy, from personal experience, is at least 40% bogus.
I've sat at my desk and watched 20 stations in the city be updated within a 5 minute period... and a quick check on my traffic cameras showed that the update prices were not current.
I no longer use Gasbuddy.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by SteveC100
Have they any stats on spammers v real updates? I always verify price before updating and im loosing out now because of the minority misusing the system?
SteveC100
Send a message