These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Incorrect information

Post by stratman50th
I hope this is the right area, it's my first post.
I joined because it seemed like a great idea, and up to a point it has been. My big problem is when people put in incorrect information and then it stays populated on the map. For example, someone has placed "red light cameras" at just about every intersection on my route to work. The users doing this obviously don't know the difference between a DOT traffic monitoring camera and a "Red Light Violation" camera. Speed Radar Cameras can only shoot one direction here. I don't need to know about the one on the other side of the road until I'm headed in that direction. Stop telling me it's there. It's a distraction! Finally, there are a lot of mobile/temporary cameras in my area. In fact, I put one of them on the map the day it was installed. Well it's been made a permanent site but the camera has since moved on. Warning and icon are still there, but the speed camera is gone, LOL!
I'm looking for accuracy for my travels and commute. This bogus information reminds me of the parent who lets their toddler push the buttons on the elevator. It's done, but you need to go to a lot of floors that aren't yours before you get to exit. So if anybody knows how to report these issues, I'd love to know about it.
Thanks in advance!
stratman50th

POSTER_ID:16953648

Send a message

Post by stratman50th
I wasn't aware I could do that without a certain number of points. I'll look into it now. Thank you.
stratman50th
Send a message

Post by stratman50th
I just did it. Apparently those changes were within my level. It said I couldn't save some things, but the bogus cameras are gone so I guess it worked.
Thanks again for your help.
stratman50th
Send a message

Post by stratman50th
Wrong. They didn't stay. Also the speed limit is incorrect at the same location as the speed cameras. Still working on the edit maybe I did it wrong.
stratman50th
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
It's the community itself that keeps the maps updated, this includes you. Go to the Waze Map Editor and start contributing so you can correct the errors that are bugging you.
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
You'll see that some sections are locked which blocks you from updating it at that point. There are 'unlock forums' for most countries where you can ask to unlock that section so you can correct it or you can ask a higher level user to make the change for you.

Happy editing!
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message