These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

App ignoring RLC direction

Post by bart99gt
As of the last update, the iOS app has been ignoring the direction of RLCs, so I'm not only getting alerts for the cameras in my direction, but also those against my direction of travel as well. At one particular intersection I get annoyed 3 times because I make a left turn at that intersection, where there once again is another RLC.

iOS 7.0.4
bart99gt

POSTER_ID:15164168

Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have captured this information as well. It appears, to me, to only happen on 2-way road segments. Alerts for cameras on divided roadways has not happened to me yet. Can you concur?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bart99gt
I just looked and it does appear to be behaving that way. I'll have to double check another RLC that is on a divided road.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
After another month or so of driving, I can concur that it only affects two way segments. I've driven through another intersection that is a few miles south of the one that is the problem on my work commute and I only get the warning for the camera in my driving direction.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
First off, thanks for the sarcastic comment!

This is being brought up because there is no way to turn off RLC warnings in the Waze client and previous to this release, Waze would only alert to a camera that was with your direction of travel. Now it is alerting to cameras for opposite direction traffic, which is to say the least, a bit annoying.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by Edward50095
I've always assumed that regardless of how many cameras are at an intersection, if there is even one, all sides get a warning. That is the way the actual signage works too.

That said, quit running red lights.
Edward50095
Send a message