Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Groups are gone... what's the substitute?

Post by
I'm a new Waze user, and one of the reasons I came to the app was the ability to create a group so that members could find each other on our common trips. As an example - In September Mazda is unveiling the new generation of the Miata sports car in Monterey, CA. Over a thousand different folks will be driving from all over the country to the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for a special event.

Sounds like a perfect fit for an application that would allow us to find each other and join caravans as we make our way to the event. But, alas, the Group feature is gone.

What sort of substitute is possible? Can we create a team for the event, or ask you folks to do it?

POSTER_ID:16959153

Send a message

Post by Bezmen
The group became part of the business. We promised to replace with something more fun.
From May 25, 2014 it was a long time :shock: , but gave nothing in return.
Bezmen
Send a message

bfkmnemonic
Send a message

Post by DCVL-UK
Is it still possible to setup a private group because all features to set this thing in motion have gone.
Ive been a member for sometime and will never look back but would be good to have a group than can handle upto 150 drivers.

We are a local UK vehicle collection and delivery company and we rely on Waze daily to get us around. Please help.
DCVL-UK
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I believe this person is talking about Waze Teams - which for the most part have fallen by the wayside.
KTCAOP
Send a message

MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by n4dog
Troublefish wrote:ok, a Baby Wazer here - really like the app so far but as a social connection, I was expecting something like what I think was the "Groups" feature which I understand has been gone. I wonder, were there "technical difficulties" or some reason (other than some people didn't like it) it was removed? If so, can it be redeveloped? I hope so - I saw a comment here about Waze being a social app - "Teams" feature sounds from what I've read here more of a commercial/marketing thing - nothing against that but taking the social out of a social app? I'm just trying to understand. In any case, I hope something like Groups comes back. Have fun out there, all.
+1 Would like to see maybe a regional team.
n4dog
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Griff - N4DOG
Alabama State Manager

Post by RehfeldMeyers
Yes, I got on WAZE because we have a group event coming up in Aug 2016 (now!) that requires us to keep up with each other over a very large geographic area. How would we do that now, with no "groups"? We can send each other text messages, but we can do that without WAZE. Whas up WAZE? Need a solution! :shock:
RehfeldMeyers
Send a message

Post by RussPA
What do you mean by private group? You can add friends via the app and group yourselves that way, if that's what you are thinking.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by StephTech
I also think that Groups was one of the great social aspects of Waze.
  • "While they were fun while they lasted, we have come to believe that they are no longer a great fit with the way we see Waze shaping up in the future."
Groups just needed time to mature - I hope it will be brought back.
StephTech
Send a message

Post by TANKER_YANKER
I agree. I'm a Trucker. We had a Group setup to keep our drivers updated on freeways in the Southern California area. Worked great, saved several hours waiting in traffic jams. Now we got to go back to calling drivers and telling them about traffic jams.
TANKER_YANKER
Send a message