Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

ultra quiet TTS voice after upgrade, Android

Post by sg4w
Hi,

Since upgrading to v3.8, the TTS voices (both Samantha and Tom) play at a reduced volume (so quiet, I can't hear over road noise, even with the stereo off), even with all volume setting set to maximum. Media played through other programs heard at normal volumes.

Tried, as mentioned in previous posts, uninstall/reinstall, and 'cc@tts' at the nav prompt. No change. No idea what to try next besides reverting to previous version.

Running Android on an HTC One X+.

If this isn't fixed soon, I'll have to downgrade.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
--Steve
sg4w

POSTER_ID:16888783

Send a message

Post by Big_
I have the same problem here with a galaxy s3. ultra quiet voice.

Did somebody have any solutions?
Big_
Send a message

Post by helphand
This was reported weeks ago. Waze support is non existent. No acknowledgement of the issue at all. The new version is useless to me on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Plus 3.8 dies periodically, no message, no nothing, just goes away.

You have three choices, drop back to 3.7.6, dump Waze, or sit around and wait an unknown length of time for possible fixes in the next release.
helphand
Send a message

Post by john787
I have the same problem and having to use Googlemaps until this problem is resolved.
I am using iPhone 5 and can barely hear the instructions...
I hope this gets resolved soon!
john787
Send a message

Post by sg4w
Nope. Reverted to 3.7 last night.
sg4w
Send a message