House Numbers for military housing on Oahu, Hawaii

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

House Numbers for military housing on Oahu, Hawaii

Postby billthefish » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:25 am

I originally posted this in the map editing forum but deleted that post and moved it here since this seems to be a more appropriate area. I'm new to editing and eager to do my part so, being a military member, I decided tackle the lack of house numbers in the Navy Housing communities here on Oahu. The problem I ran into is that, for whatever reason, these houses do not follow the even-odd number scheme. Since I'm only a level 1 editor, I cannot force save house number errors. Is there a way for me to add these numbers so they are correct without having to be a level 3 editor or should I move onto another project.
billthefish

Re: House Numbers for military housing on Oahu, Hawaii

Postby Machete808 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:21 am

Hi, Bill!

That would be so helpful! There is a way to do it, using the Place markers In the editor, you can create a Place marker to mark what number goes where. No matter the category -- Other is fine -- because they'd be temporary.

Once you save all the Place Points -- just put the house number in the Name blank -- I can go in and add the House Numbers and force them. I partnered like this with a new editor during one of the Map Raids. It worked great! Thanks!

Feel free to post again here, or send me a PM, if you need any help with this!

Vicki
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles, NYC
Country manager, U.S.,Thailand
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby billthefish » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Ok, awesome. I'll get to work.
billthefish

Postby Nacron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 pm

billthefish wrote:I originally posted this in the map editing forum but deleted that post and moved it here since this seems to be a more appropriate area. I'm new to editing and eager to do my part so, being a military member, I decided tackle the lack of house numbers in the Navy Housing communities here on Oahu. The problem I ran into is that, for whatever reason, these houses do not follow the even-odd number scheme. Since I'm only a level 1 editor, I cannot force save house number errors. Is there a way for me to add these numbers so they are correct without having to be a level 3 editor or should I move onto another project.

Hi, just curious, what housing areas do you have access to?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | 7.0 | Waze 4.20.0.901 beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby billthefish » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 am

All of them I guess. Most are ungated, off base communities that anyone can drive through. I started this project but have since been swamped with work and haven't been able to get back to it.
billthefish

Postby Nacron » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:34 am

billthefish wrote:All of them I guess. Most are ungated, off base communities that anyone can drive through. I started this project but have since been swamped with work and haven't been able to get back to it.

When I was doing a lot of on site warranty computer repair I went on base a lot at Schofield and aliamanu, never had house numbers back then but I was able to map all the more recent street additions. Great to have you on the team!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | 7.0 | Waze 4.20.0.901 beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Return to Hawaii