Ideas for the Hawaii state Wiki

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

Ideas for the Hawaii state Wiki

Postby Machete808 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Another project: adding to the Wiki.

I thought it would be good to have a standing forum for ideas on what new sections or content should go in the Hawaii Wiki. I've taken a look at what other states have done, and have started with these new sections or additional paragraphs to the existing Wiki (posted in my personal Wiki space for discussion purposes):

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Machete ... _test_page

For now I haven't changed the standard Cities and Towns section, but once we have a chance to start a discussion on which Census Defined Populations merit inclusion, we can link to it and change this section ultimately.

Also, I think we can have a separate linked page to include the Place Name Harmonization list, when that's done.

Interested in hearing more thoughts on this. Take a look at other state pages and see what we might adapt to our needs. This is definitely a work in progress!
Last edited by Machete808 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles, NYC
Country manager, U.S.,Thailand
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Ideas for the state Wiki

Postby KuniaKid » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Machete808 wrote:I can start by drafting an introductory paragraph -- not too long, but it feels like we need something.

I've considered this, but alas, my journalistic skills are severely lacking. And besides, I might have had a political slant. ;) (Vicki knows what I'm talking about)

Machete808 wrote:In the Cities and Towns section, maybe we can separately work on a list of the ones already on the map and discuss which ones (most of them are Census Defined Populations, which would be a good starting poing but not the complete list). That section could be fleshed out.

Hell yes. I mean, hell yes to the list. I'm not that strongly for separatism and isolationism. Although, separately working on a list is good. Less confusion of "what's done" and "where do I start".

Machete808 wrote:Also, I think we can have a separate page for Places to include locking standards and the Place Name Harmonization list, when that's done.

Yes!
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Ideas for the Hawaii state Wiki

Postby Nacron » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Machete808 wrote:Another project: adding to the Wiki.

I thought it would be good to have a standing forum for ideas on what new sections or content should go in the Hawaii Wiki. I'm starting to take a look at what other states have done. I can start by drafting an introductory paragraph -- not too long, but it feels like we need something.

In the Cities and Towns section, maybe we can separately work on a list of the ones already on the map and discuss which ones (most of them are Census Defined Populations, which would be a good starting poing but not the complete list). That section could be fleshed out.

Also, I think we can have a separate page for Places to include locking standards and the Place Name Harmonization list, when that's done.

Those are just a couple of thoughts, to start.

Sounds good, Maybe we'll keep places on the second page. Maybe generate a list of places that have a lock of 3 or greater that are mostly complete.
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | 7.0 | Waze 4.20.0.901 beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Machete808 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 pm

Nacron wrote:Sounds good, Maybe we'll keep places on the second page. Maybe generate a list of places that have a lock of 3 or greater that are mostly complete.

Actually, it would be good if we could get a Places Browser, like they use on some Raids, to pull up the ones that need completing. I wonder how hard it would be to get one coded for us...
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Machete808 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Have updated the original post, with a link to some Wiki update material, hosted on my own space for discussion purposes.

(And I have inquired about getting a Places Browser with the developer -- it will be a long time, but I think there's hope for something fairly generic being developed.)
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby KuniaKid » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am

Machete808 wrote:Have updated the original post, with a link to some Wiki update material, hosted on my own space for discussion purposes.

(And I have inquired about getting a Places Browser with the developer -- it will be a long time, but I think there's hope for something fairly generic being developed.)

heh, I requested PB for Hawaii on the first raid it was used. I still feel that it's a must-have for state managers.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Machete808 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:33 am

KuniaKid wrote:
Machete808 wrote:Have updated the original post, with a link to some Wiki update material, hosted on my own space for discussion purposes.

heh, I requested PB for Hawaii on the first raid it was used. I still feel that it's a must-have for state managers.

I agree. Apparently there was some technical issue with the browser processing so much of the map that's above my head, but there's a solution in the offing to that. I'll forward you guys the PM the developer sent me.

Also, Doug, could you look at the advisory about how to evaluate Places photos? I know that's been a concern. Is there a criterion you'd want to add to the little list?
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby KuniaKid » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Machete808 wrote:Also, Doug, could you look at the advisory about how to evaluate Places photos? I know that's been a concern. Is there a criterion you'd want to add to the little list?

Include this section as reference and it should be good with your pointing out of the most important items.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Machete808 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 pm

KuniaKid wrote:Include this section as reference and it should be good with your pointing out of the most important items.

Good idea. I'll put that in.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808