Welcome to the Hawaii forum!

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

Welcome to the Hawaii forum!

Postby Machete808 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Aloha! There are lots of places new editors land in Waze World, and for Hawaii editors, I hope this can be one of them.

Please say hi, whereabouts you're editing in the state, interests and questions coming from your Waze experience — and anything else you care to share!
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles, NYC
Country manager, U.S.,Thailand
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Welcome to the Hawaii forum!

Postby TenaciousDizzle » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Aloha!
I'm David and I've been using Waze for about 4 years. I'm on Oahu and use Waze on a daily basis. Some issues I've noticed are not being able to change road closures and the pave editor. Anyway I love Waze and I'd like to do my part in improving maps.
Thanks
David
TenaciousDizzle
TenaciousDizzle

Postby Machete808 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:42 pm

TenaciousDizzle wrote:Aloha!
I'm David and I've been using Waze for about 4 years. I'm on Oahu and use Waze on a daily basis. Some issues I've noticed are not being able to change road closures and the pave editor. Anyway I love Waze and I'd like to do my part in improving maps.
Thanks
David
TenaciousDizzle

Welcome, David! (I forgot to introduce myself properly, too -- I'm also on Oahu and have been a Wazer since 2012, not quite as long as you!) :D
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ButterlessToast » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello,

I'm Robert! I'm on Oahu and I have used Waze for about 3 years. I've only done minor editing of the maps in the western Kalihi, Ewa Beach and Ocean Pointe. I'll be glad to help out with Map editing in those areas if needed.
ButterlessToast

Postby spdorsey » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello all!

I am living in San Jose, CA, but I lived on Oahu for a year when I was younger and I visit the islands about once a year. I plan to live there again when the kids are old enough.

I am happy to help out wherever I can. I have been a member of Waze for over six years, and I was an area manager for the greater Bay Area when Waze was in its infancy. (I was even #9 in points worldwide for a short while). More recently, I have edited when I had time, which is not so often anymore. Job and kids keep things pretty busy.

I'm happy to address map issues where I can. Since I'm a level 4 editor, I have access to almost all of Oahu just from my last trip there. I may ask for Area Manager status later on of my access expires before I return so that I can address issues more easily.

I have been editing for a long time. I started with the old editor (WAAAAY back on the old days), and I worked on the SF Bay Area Mapraid a few months back. I'm familiar with a lot of the features of the new map editor, but I'm not an expert (yet).

Ping me if you have any questions or issues that I can help with. If I can reply or help out, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks,

-------------------S
Steve Dorsey

Area Manager
Greater San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA

Mac Pro tower, Mac OS X 10.6.x, 20GB RAM, 30" display (2560x1600) Firefox 3.6.
iPhone 3GS 16GB, Waze (current version), other GPS devices/apps
spdorsey
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Nacron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:53 pm

spdorsey wrote:Hello all!

I am living in San Jose, CA, but I lived on Oahu for a year when I was younger and I visit the islands about once a year. I plan to live there again when the kids are old enough.

I am happy to help out wherever I can. I have been a member of Waze for over six years, and I was an area manager for the greater Bay Area when Waze was in its infancy. (I was even #9 in points worldwide for a short while). More recently, I have edited when I had time, which is not so often anymore. Job and kids keep things pretty busy.

I'm happy to address map issues where I can. Since I'm a level 4 editor, I have access to almost all of Oahu just from my last trip there. I may ask for Area Manager status later on of my access expires before I return so that I can address issues more easily.

I have been editing for a long time. I started with the old editor (WAAAAY back on the old days), and I worked on the SF Bay Area Mapraid a few months back. I'm familiar with a lot of the features of the new map editor, but I'm not an expert (yet).

Ping me if you have any questions or issues that I can help with. If I can reply or help out, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks,

-------------------S

Nice to meet you

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | 7.0 | Waze 4.20.0.901 beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Machete808 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Welcome, Steve!

We'll keep you in the loop about various projects/concerns as they come up. And shoot me a PM with your Gmail address, if you want to be added to the HI Google Hangout.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
Welcome, new editors:
Machete808
Country Manager