False route info near Kalani High School

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

False route info near Kalani High School

Postby Luluinlulu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:39 am

I live in Hawaii Kai. The past few days Waze ap has been trying to route me to a long route through Waimanalo to go to Kahala (pretty close so why go all the way around waimanalo, kailua, and pali?!), rather than through Hawaii Kai. so I been driving my usual way, letting the ap run, so I can see why. Right around Aina Haina to Kalani High School the Waze map showed red and white striped lines on the main Hwy (Kalanianaole Hwy). That seems to mean road closed?
Luluinlulu

Re: False route info near Kalani High School

Postby vince1612 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 am

(Moved from the Global forum to the US>Hawaii forum)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: False route info near Kalani High School

Postby Machete808 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Luluinlulu wrote:I live in Hawaii Kai. The past few days Waze ap has been trying to route me to a long route through Waimanalo to go to Kahala (pretty close so why go all the way around waimanalo, kailua, and pali?!), rather than through Hawaii Kai. so I been driving my usual way, letting the ap run, so I can see why. Right around Aina Haina to Kalani High School the Waze map showed red and white striped lines on the main Hwy (Kalanianaole Hwy). That seems to mean road closed?

Apologies, for the delayed response and for the apparent misdirection. This closure was reported by the Department of Transportation. It seemed odd to me as well, and I emailed them for clarification. Never got a response. Perhaps my contact, who's usually good about replying, was trying and unable to get a response from the engineers -- who knows?

Please feel free to contact me (one of three state managers). I will send you a private message (use the new messages link on the left side of the blue banner above to access your inbox.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles, NYC
Country manager, U.S.,Thailand
[ img ] [ img ]
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Country Manager