Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

PH: Why am I not leveling up to Level 2 or 3?

Post by kazmuth
Why am I not leveling up to Level 2 or 3 even if I have enough map edits?
I was previously Level 2/3, why am I back to Level 1?

We have implemented a policy which will limit Level 3 to senior Area Managers and Level 2 to those in contact with the local community (member of the PH FB group or active on the Waze PH Forum). This means all Waze editors will be forced ranked and will remain at Level 1 regardless of their map edit count unless they apply for a level upgrade and get approved. New Area Managers are also not automatically promoted to Level 3 and will remain on their level until the local champs agree to promote based on the quality of edits. In order to be eligible to level up to Level 3, a Level 2 Wazer needs to meet the requirements required to be an Area Manager https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Philippines/ ... ea_Manager.

The reason for this is that a Level 3 Wazer has the same editing permissions as a senior Area Manager. Waze Area Managers help keep the map accurate by fixing Update Requests (URs) and Map Problems (MPs). Other Level 3 map editors who are not Area Managers can compromise the accuracy of the Waze maps by editing or changing segments currently locked to Area Managers. Instead of helping, they become a detriment and damage already working and accurate maps. This may result in inaccurate roads and cause issues with Wazers using the app. We are also having problems communicating with these Level 3 editors who are not Area Managers since they do not frequent the Waze forum.

You can apply for a level upgrade if you meet the requirements set by the PH community. Please use the Waze Philippines Level Upgrade Application Form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17mlBDW ... M/viewform

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Philippines/ ... aze_Editor

In line with the new level up policy ( if you are already level 2 or 3, please update the Waze username list with your real name and Waze username so we will know you are already part of the FB group and we will not have to change your level to L1.
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:3246376

Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by Adabadada
Everybody is allowed to contribute as long as they go through the process. Had you taken your concerns to the unlock forums or the facebook page earlier somebody could have helped you fix whatever needed to be fixed in your area. All you need to do is ask. If you don't ask, nobody can help you. It is better to protect the map than make it easy for anyone to edit anything. Every day I encounter at least a hundred attempts at vandalism. If you think Waze is less useful now, imagine what it would be like with hundreds of wannabe editors running amok. Like you said, Metro Manila is big, and we are just volunteers. Fixing all the work of vandals is difficult now, but without this system in place, it will be impossible.

Now with that out of the way, does this mean you are no longer interested in attending the local meetup? Good luck with Google maps.

ferdie67 wrote:Hi,

I'm a resident of Fairview and due to constructions of the MRT and some internal decisions of the homeowners, some internal roads have gates and previously gated roads like Viceroy are now open to the public.

Winston intersection is closed going out to COA or to Don Jose. However, I can't edit that because of the restrictions on these areas.

This is the effect of limiting edits to level 6. I mean, Metro Manila is big, not to mention the Philippines. Monitoring every little change will be a full time job. There have been malicious changes and edits in the past, but isn't it better that everyone is allowed to contribute? The strict policy is actually making Waze less useful.

For example, I have been routed out of Sauyo road, but that road has finished construction and passable.

Anyway, I'm going to try Google Maps now.
Adabadada
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by donut12
Hello, I would like to improve our map in my local. Any many things to improve but I can't even edit one thing or another. How I can become level 2?

Yes I am new in the system but hence I would to improve our map in my local. How to apply tho I tried to apply via the link provided above but it says "no longer accepting responses"?

donut12
Send a message

Post by ferdie67
Hi,

I'm a resident of Fairview and due to constructions of the MRT and some internal decisions of the homeowners, some internal roads have gates and previously gated roads like Viceroy are now open to the public.

Winston intersection is closed going out to COA or to Don Jose. However, I can't edit that because of the restrictions on these areas.

This is the effect of limiting edits to level 6. I mean, Metro Manila is big, not to mention the Philippines. Monitoring every little change will be a full time job. There have been malicious changes and edits in the past, but isn't it better that everyone is allowed to contribute? The strict policy is actually making Waze less useful.

For example, I have been routed out of Sauyo road, but that road has finished construction and passable.

Anyway, I'm going to try Google Maps now.
ferdie67
Send a message

Post by kazmuth
A lot of editors and users might be wondering what the fuss is about with the clampdown we are doing with the levels. We have been seeing a spate of really bad edits and approvals being done to existing places. Although editing information on most places require approval, we are seeing a lot of approved edits that are wrong. We are going down the path Google Maps took where any and all can add anything on the map and where those that were approving these additions do not have an iota of an idea of our maps and country.

Are you pissed off when Waze sends you to a wrong place? Half a year ago, we could say that 99.9% of the time you were sent to a wrong location can be attributed to wrong locations on Google Maps which found it's way to Waze. Now, due to the addition of thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of new places that are wrong, most of the results 'Waze' will provide will probably be 70% correct, 80% at best. And this percentage is fast declining with all the new edits being done to places and wrong/duplicate places being added and approved. To make it clear, the local champs exercise care in approvals of edits and new places. We research if these places actually exist and cross reference with any existing and available data to make sure what is being placed on the map is correct. If bad edits get approved, you can be sure that it was not us (local champs and area managers) that approved them.

We will also be cleaning house with regards to inactive area managers and senior editors. We will be removing their privileges in line with our policies. Waze will remove the area you manage after 90 days of inactivity and we will lower the level appropriate to your edit count IF you are a member of the PH Waze FB group and have added your Waze username on the username list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing. We are doing all of these to preserve the accuracy of our map and to make sure those that can approve edits will be those that follow policies.
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group