Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Philippines Area Manager Application

Post by SpeedDzel
Philippines Area Manager Application

MABUHAY!

Hello and Welcome Pinoy Wazer,

So, you wish to become an Area Manager for the Philippines? Are you interested in helping map out your area of domicile? Read on wazer...

What is an Area Manager and what does it entail:

An Area Manager is a Waze community member (a user) who wishes to take an active and proactive role in maintaining specific areas of the Waze map. How deeply involved and how much time an Area Manager spends maintaining the Waze map varies greatly. Duties of an Area Manager include, but not necessarily limited to:
  • Seek to continuously improve the maps for navigation, i.e. naming un-named roads and setting turns properly.

Make changes to the map when road geometry needs to be changed, or roads added or removed from the map.

Edit road construction areas, especially for closures so that users are not routed into those areas.

Respond to and act on Update Requests from Waze drivers.

Maintain speed and red-light cameras, processing reports of devices from Waze drivers.

Process and resolve Map Errors or Problems as shown on that layer in the Waze Map Editor.

Act as a mentor to other editors, offering advice in the forums and when you see improper edits on the map.
If you would like to apply to be an Area Manager in the Philippines for your area, kindly complete the following form and your application will be evaluated and processed:

__/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/

NOTE:in order to easily locate & identify your requested area,

in the Name of area box,
- kindly indicate the usual local address format applicable (e.g. City/Municipality, Province, Region)

in the Area you are interested in managing box,
- indicate your current number of Map Updates as found on your My Dashboard.
- you may copy & paste here the PERMALINK of the area you wish to manage.

__/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/

Thank you and Happy Wazing!
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:4622732

Send a message
Last edited by SpeedDzel on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by world_72tvjb5y
kazmuth wrote:hi mon, apply here so we can process it

Hi kazmuth,

I am pressed to apply for area manager position as I do a lot of updating during my many ample hours. I especifically travel to cover Luzon area to widen my editing capabilities. I am very capable of making reliable editing. There are still a lot of areas to be updated Luzon-wide.

I hope my application can be given approval. (application sent)

Regards,
world_72tvjb5y
Send a message
Regie Tagavilla
username: world_72tvjb5y
nickname: walkingmap
regie@brokerhouse.com.ph

Post by SpeedyGonzalesAT
Hello jamtraxx

Welcome to Waze. Being level 3 is not the only way to resolve map issues. I have been editing the Cebu Map since I joined last May and currently I am still Level 2. The trick is to post an unlocking request here: viewforum.php?f=311 togther with a permalink so that Senior editors will either lower the locks for you to edit or resolve it themselves. If you are confuse, just read what others are posting and you will get the zest of it. Also you can join us at the Waze Philippines Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhilippines where you can also make those request.
SpeedyGonzalesAT
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
:D

...and thus with all your testimonials ;) we again reiterate that an individuals' "growing" experience in wazing (albeit editing or driving) is second to none in learning the wayz of the waze...
(cue background music: The Imperial March - Darth Vader's Theme) :lol:

in close conjunction with the community & senior editors, a junior wazer's learning curb improves dramatically!
reading materials, references & the likes are essential but they can never beat the close contact of the community and its editors working together in maintaining & improving the waze maps. :)
albertcong wrote:I thank my mentor deadlockprocess and all the higher powers (you know who you are) for appointing me to the position of Area Manager. :D It was not an easy journey for me from Waze Baby to Waze Warrior but you all helped me through. :cry: I thank my parents for raising me well and my wife for contending with my WME craze. :roll: And finally, [w]hat is the one most important thing our society needs? That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan. And world peace! :lol:
and we THANK YOU for your valuable contributions :)
pardon me sir if i had to endorse you to baldugaras & deadlockprocess abruptly as i am continuously barraged by other pressing matters. :oops:
but i am very confident that you are in good hands with our esteemed duo covering Mindanao 8-)
nazarenojacosalem wrote:I wish I could become one also, but since I am a newbie here I can wait, for the mean time, just gaining more experience is enough for me.
There is a lot to edit and update here but my level is not enough to do it. All of them are locked, only a handful item are allowed. Sigh!
I understand the Waze, this is to avoid vandalism.
worry not sir, your continued enthusiasm with waze will reap its rewards in due time. :)

Happy Wazin & MABUHAY!
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Hellooo Bobby!

i believe it's the system generated default of being away (from editing).
we'll take care of it as you are one of the community's pioneers.

welcome back bro! :D

- Louis
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
RangeRoverHSE wrote:I was just approved with my Area Manager request. Thanks for the trust and confidence you are giving me including the responsibilities that accompany it. Now, is there some ritual rico mambo that will be done to welcome a new membership of the group?
CONGRATULATIONS!

yes, there definitely is :D
you may inquire from baldugaras/Dionefil as to what it is...
he's supposed to perform it pa :lol:

Happy wazin! ;)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
...Philippines... we are going LIVE! :D :D :D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
The following are the conditions or requirements for approval of AM applications:
  • * Approval of at least 3 current Area Managers, if possible the same AMs for the location applied, upon review of the map edits of the AM applicant.
  • * Meets X number of edits for area applied
    • - City wide or permalink wide - 10k map edits
    • - Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, and Metro Davao wide - 10k map edits
    • - Province wide - 20k map edits
    • - Region wide - 50k map edits
    • - Luzon, Visayas, or Mindanao Island Groups - 100k map edits or level 4
    • - Countrywide - 250k map edits or level 5
  • * Must have at least 10 posts in Waze forum or FB group page (must be related to waze and have sense)
  • * Must have resolved at least 100 update requests
  • * Must have at least 2,500 existing kilometers
  • * Must attend at least 1 waze meetup per year. Waze has a quarterly meetup. This can be waived if the applicant is not from Metro Manila
  • * Must pass an online exam. (Currently under process)

Happy wazin!

- Waze Champs Philippines
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SEELE_01
Hello,
I just found out I lost my area manager status and it seems there's a new ruling on this.
I'd like to apply for area manager again starting with Bulacan province and secondly for NCR.
SEELE_01
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message