Philippines Area Manager Application

Moderators: MapSir, Unholy, SpeedDzel, kazmuth

Re: Philippines Area Manager Application

Postby Guardian4ngel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:01 pm

I agree. :D Having road trips helped a lot when I started editing. I remember one trip I made to Baguio in the early days, all the opportunities that opened up after I got back. NLEX, SCTEX.. all the way to Baguio were opened to me. Its this sort of Waze Editing journey that we learn how to use WME properly and all the tricks there are to making editing fun and the satisfaction when your edits go live after the server updates and that you have made the map all the better for everyone.

We cannot emphasize enough the need for new capable editors who are not only interested in maintaining the maps but also be part of the community to help guide younger editors. The active editors cover only so big an area and the Philippines is really huge. It really helps when we have new editors on board who are familiar with areas they live and work in. :) And once a new editor reaches the prerequisites and feels they are ready for more responsibility, we will be glad to give them the opportunity to manage areas they are familiar with. :)
Waze Singapore Country Manager | Waze Philippines Area Manager
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group
Guardian4ngel
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SpeedDzel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

:D

...and thus with all your testimonials ;) we again reiterate that an individuals' "growing" experience in wazing (albeit editing or driving) is second to none in learning the wayz of the waze...
(cue background music: The Imperial March - Darth Vader's Theme) :lol:

in close conjunction with the community & senior editors, a junior wazer's learning curb improves dramatically!
reading materials, references & the likes are essential but they can never beat the close contact of the community and its editors working together in maintaining & improving the waze maps. :)

albertcong wrote:I thank my mentor deadlockprocess and all the higher powers (you know who you are) for appointing me to the position of Area Manager. :D It was not an easy journey for me from Waze Baby to Waze Warrior but you all helped me through. :cry: I thank my parents for raising me well and my wife for contending with my WME craze. :roll: And finally, [w]hat is the one most important thing our society needs? That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan. And world peace! :lol:
and we THANK YOU for your valuable contributions :)
pardon me sir if i had to endorse you to baldugaras & deadlockprocess abruptly as i am continuously barraged by other pressing matters. :oops:
but i am very confident that you are in good hands with our esteemed duo covering Mindanao 8-)

nazarenojacosalem wrote:I wish I could become one also, but since I am a newbie here I can wait, for the mean time, just gaining more experience is enough for me.
There is a lot to edit and update here but my level is not enough to do it. All of them are locked, only a handful item are allowed. Sigh!
I understand the Waze, this is to avoid vandalism.
worry not sir, your continued enthusiasm with waze will reap its rewards in due time. :)

Happy Wazin & MABUHAY!
proud member of TEAM S.E.A.!

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on FB > Malaysia FB > Indonesia FB > Singapore FB > Thailand FB
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby jamtraxx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 am

Hi,

I know my posts doesn't meet the requirements but figured I can use the "I am new to this" excuse. Anyways, I have just recently used Waze and have been encountering a lot of map issues in Tacloban and Leyte Area as a whole. Even the Airport is currently named wrong.

Anyways, I was wondering if I can be a level 3 editor so I can help map out the Leyte Area. There's currently a lot of edits I have done that apparently still needs approval.

Or is there anyone out here in Leyte that uses Waze? I do not seem to see anyone at all on my map even if I try and zoom out to include Samar Area. lol

Anyways, cheers!
jamtraxx

Postby SpeedyGonzalesAT » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:21 am

Hello jamtraxx

Welcome to Waze. Being level 3 is not the only way to resolve map issues. I have been editing the Cebu Map since I joined last May and currently I am still Level 2. The trick is to post an unlocking request here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=311 togther with a permalink so that Senior editors will either lower the locks for you to edit or resolve it themselves. If you are confuse, just read what others are posting and you will get the zest of it. Also you can join us at the Waze Philippines Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhilippines where you can also make those request.
SpeedyGonzalesAT
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby EaganRubio » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:37 pm

mga bossing..

who is/are the area manager/s for Meycauayan CIty, Bulacan? i have some edits that needs attention of a level 3 and level 4 editors

Thanks

eagan
EaganRubio

Postby kazmuth » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 am

Ito yung complete list ng Area Managers

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Philippines/ ... ea_Manager
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
ImageImage
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group
kazmuth
Coordinators