In case you are having problems with TTS voice Samantha not appearing, I have a workaround that worked for me (iOS):
1) uninstall waze
2) re-install waze then open it
3) DON'T ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS; also DON'T LOGIN yet, instead use Temporary user or leave username blank
4) when asked for location choose UNITED STATES
5) click Settings > Sound> 'Samantha including street names' appears, check it
6) close waze then go to your iOS settings> privacy > location services > switch on for waze
7) open waze then login your old username
cryptmaster wrote:Thanks for activating the Gas Stations and TTS using street names feature. This is very much appreciated by the Waze users here in the Philippines. I have a couple of feedback though.
I am an Adroid user running the latest Waze version Release 126.96.36.199.
1. The Gas Stations & Prices menu on settings menu seems to sometimes disappear. Restarting the application a couple time fixes this. Any ideas why this is happening?
2. For the TTS using street names feature, the voices of Tom and Samantha are not on my list. How can this be resolved?
Thanks and looking forward for your thoughts on the items I have mentioned above.
Model Number: GT-N7100 (Note 2)
Android Version: 4.3
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2437454
Waze Version: Release 188.8.131.52
Waze Username: cryptmaster
MapSir wrote:Hi All,
We are very happy to announce that we enabled two important features for the drivers in the Philippines - Gas stations and TTS (text to speech) !!!
The Gas stations feature will allow drivers to update gas prices for stations nearby, providing the community of drivers the most accurate prices and let them filter stations by price from the settings menu.
To update the price at a station open the reports menu and select the Gas Prices icon.
The TTS is an audio feature that uses the street names in voice navigation.
Please see our manual for enabling the feature and play with the settings:
We would be happy to hear your feedback!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users