Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Gas stations and TTS enabled

Post by MapSir
Hi All,

We are very happy to announce that we enabled two important features for the drivers in the Philippines - Gas stations and TTS (text to speech) !!!

The Gas stations feature will allow drivers to update gas prices for stations nearby, providing the community of drivers the most accurate prices and let them filter stations by price from the settings menu.
To update the price at a station open the reports menu and select the Gas Prices icon.

The TTS is an audio feature that uses the street names in voice navigation.
Please see our manual for enabling the feature and play with the settings:
https://www.waze.com/en-GB/support/answer?q=23583426

We would be happy to hear your feedback!

Enjoy :)
MapSir

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message
MapSir

Post by cryptmaster
Thanks for activating the Gas Stations and TTS using street names feature. This is very much appreciated by the Waze users here in the Philippines. I have a couple of feedback though.

I am an Adroid user running the latest Waze version Release 3.7.8.0.

1. The Gas Stations & Prices menu on settings menu seems to sometimes disappear. Restarting the application a couple time fixes this. Any ideas why this is happening?
2. For the TTS using street names feature, the voices of Tom and Samantha are not on my list. How can this be resolved?

Thanks and looking forward for your thoughts on the items I have mentioned above.

Phone Specs:
Model Number: GT-N7100 (Note 2)
Android Version: 4.3
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2437454
Waze Version: Release 3.7.8.0
Waze Username: cryptmaster
cryptmaster
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by cryptmaster
Thank you for clarifying the issues. It's good to know that I am not just seeing things. :lol:

Looking forward for the permanent bug fixes.

More power to you and the rest of the Waze Team!
cryptmaster
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kazmuth
Join the FB group in my signature, I have a sample video there where I drove through streets with English and Filipino names.
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by kazmuth
Re-posting this workaround to get TTS to work;
In case you are having problems with TTS voice Samantha not appearing, I have a workaround that worked for me (iOS):
1) uninstall waze
2) re-install waze then open it
3) DON'T ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS; also DON'T LOGIN yet, instead use Temporary user or leave username blank
4) when asked for location choose UNITED STATES
5) click Settings > Sound> 'Samantha including street names' appears, check it
6) close waze then go to your iOS settings> privacy > location services > switch on for waze
7) open waze then login your old username
For Android, just log out and log in again
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by MapSir
Hi,

The issue with the settings menu is a known bug which we are working on, no ETA on a fix yet.

The TTS voices take some time to appear, try restarting the app a few times, you also need good GPS cover and data connection.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, if you have any other questions please see our support page,
we uploaded many manuals and instructions that might help.

www.waze.com/support
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
As I said, it's a known bug, sometimes the menu will appear and sometimes it won't.
Restarting the app might help but we're working on a fix.

Thanks.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Hi guys,

In order for the TTS to be enabled on your device you need a good GPS reception,
Once the system recognizes your location it will automatically enable the feature.
So please make sure you have GPS and Wifi or Data working good.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by mponteres
Same issue with iOS 7.1.1 . TTS have issue. no street name feature voices on my list

Waze App- Release 3.7.8.0
cryptmaster wrote:Thanks for activating the Gas Stations and TTS using street names feature. This is very much appreciated by the Waze users here in the Philippines. I have a couple of feedback though.

I am an Adroid user running the latest Waze version Release 3.7.8.0.

1. The Gas Stations & Prices menu on settings menu seems to sometimes disappear. Restarting the application a couple time fixes this. Any ideas why this is happening?
2. For the TTS using street names feature, the voices of Tom and Samantha are not on my list. How can this be resolved?

Thanks and looking forward for your thoughts on the items I have mentioned above.

Phone Specs:
Model Number: GT-N7100 (Note 2)
Android Version: 4.3
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2437454
Waze Version: Release 3.7.8.0
Waze Username: cryptmaster
mponteres
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]

Post by mponteres
Tom and Samantha now appears on the latest release from Waze (R3.8.1).
mponteres
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]