Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Saints in Waze!

Post by apbaking
I don't know if this has been raised before...

I just noticed whenever waze tells me the name of the street, it pronounces "St." as "Saint ", example
street name is "Rizal St." it is pronounced as "Rizal Saint". :D

Perhaps it is how waze programmed to interpret the acronym "St.", like for "St. Mary", or "St. Joseph".
I renamed some streets in my area with the lowercase "st.", I'll check it out if waze will pronounce it right.
apbaking

POSTER_ID:17171865

Send a message
den weg zeigen

Post by apbaking
Oops! Sorry, my bad. I did not checked on the Map Editing Guide first. :?
I'll just roll back my edits.

There are still a lot of streets here in Pampanga that have the St. suffix in waze, most of them are locked for my level.

I already joined on the FB group, I may not be active in posting though.

Thanks again!
apbaking
Send a message
den weg zeigen

Post by apbaking
BTW, can I suggest a pronunciation for TTS?
A road in Clark is named Panday Pira Ave. Waze pronounces it as "Pan day pie rah".
apbaking
Send a message
den weg zeigen

Post by SpeedDzel
good day bosing,

first off, in labeling & naming roads, we omit the suffix "Street" or "St"
This is stated in paragraph 9 of our MAP EDITING GUIDE FOR THE PHILIPPINES.

i would urge you to peruse THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO WAZE IN THE PHILIPPINES to further acquaint you of the local editing conventions & other procedures.

as for your query, the abbreviations "St" & "St." are distinctly pronounced differently for the waze TTS (Text To Speech) feature. changing the caps or capitalization won't make a difference.
you may refer to our local list of abbreviations here >>> PHILIPPINES TTS LIST.

at this point, i can sense your eagerness to contribute to the waze maps. with that said, the community is very grateful.
if you seriously wish to pursue editing waze style, i again invite you to join the Pinoy community facebook page and read up further on the group's PINNED POST.
all active Pinoy editors are part of a group chat on TELEGRAM.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by SpeedDzel
Magandang araw bos apbaking, pasensya na sa tagal ng reply. daming istorbo sa paligid at inaagaw ang oras ko para kay waze ;)
apbaking wrote:Oops! Sorry, my bad. I did not checked on the Map Editing Guide first. :?
I'll just roll back my edits.

There are still a lot of streets here in Pampanga that have the St. suffix in waze, most of them are locked for my level.

I already joined on the FB group, I may not be active in posting though.

Thanks again!
Walang problema ser. Ang importante at mahalaga ay makadagdag kami (seniors na d pa naman uugod-ugod) sa inyong kaalaman sa pag-edit sa waze.
pwede kayong mag-Post ng Unlock/Update Request para mabago nyo ang mga mali o kulang pang street names.
pinaka mainam sana kung maka Install kayo ng TELEGRAM chat app.
apbaking wrote:BTW, can I suggest a pronunciation for TTS?
A road in Clark is named Panday Pira Ave. Waze pronounces it as "Pan day pie rah".
Yes ser, pwedeng pwede ;)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook