Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by SpeedDzel
fellow wazers & map editors,

please give extra care on labeling the CITY of your edits.

unlike STREET names which reflects edits (or corrections) made quicker and appears on the next update, CITY names unfortunately embeds much muuuuuch MUUUCH longer on the CITY tiles in the servers.
so misspelled CITY names reflected during an update WILL... will appear for a long loooong LONG time in the client (waze) despite any corrections made.
this i learned from experience.

kindly stick to the OFFICIAL (but shortest possible) NAME of the jurisdiction being edited.

also, if you are UNSURE of the POLITICAL BOUNDARIES of the "CITY" you are editing, leave it at that for the moment. let's leave it to the more experienced & knowledgeable editors to sort this mater out.

pasalamat na rin at walang barangay level labeling as this would be a nightmare c",)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by SpeedDzel
in the case of "San Fernando" (undetermined if Pampanga or La Union),
our client will reflect the cities of San Fernando Pampanga & San Fernando La Union to be one contiguous city.

i believe this was caused when "MacArthur Hwy" was labelled as "San Fernando" months & mooonths ago.
this inadvertently labelled the city well into the rest of PAMPANGA, TARLAC, PANGASINAN & LA UNION.
though this labeling of "MacArthur Hwy" has been rectified, the City Tiles have not.
and the label "San Fernando" persists to appear again & again despite several Tile Updates.

until such time that the servers detect this area anomaly, "San Fernando" will appear next to Towns & Cities between Pampanga & La Union.

so do exercise caution when labeling your "CITY"
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
another matter of CITY labels, we omit the "city" to derive the shortest possible official political name of the area.

only with the exceptions of QUEZON, CEBU, DAVAO, CAVITE, etc as these cities have a provincial counterpart.

this will distinguish Quezon City with the province of Quezon, Cebu City with the province of Cebu, so on & so forth.

all other cities (& municipalities) will stand on its own without the label "City" or "Municipality", provided it does not have a same Province name.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
furuboru wrote:Quick confirm, does it only take one wrongly-labelled segment to make a new-wrong city tile? And do we have to look for this errant segment to correct it? >_<
That is correct. you've got it.. unfortunately, as mentioned before, once this error makes its way to the updates, it sticks there indefinitely despite the segment being rectified.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
furuboru wrote:I've encountered saving errors when making long contoured roads, then end up deleting the whole thing and starting over. Usually it's best to work on the smaller segments and just combine junctions as needed.
hi, do you save your work before reaching 3 digit edits on the editor? or do you save your edits when your way into the hundreds?

save your edits more frequently before reaching 100.. i and other editors experience errors when saving past 100 edits. forcing us to refresh the map thus losing the work done.. :roll:
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by swisspound2
hey kaz...

what does additional junctions do?

most editors would add those turn lanes for sure.
swisspound2
Send a message

Post by tcalvert317m
I would think that this applies to maps in the Philippines...in the US, instead of making a bunch of separate segments it is possible to make one segment and then bend it around. I hope that helps.
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message