Map Update

Post by herbertjoei
Hi - newbie here.

I have updated the map via map editor to show the streets in my village. However, after several days of waiting, and even after paving it in my IOS, the updated street still does not show up on the waze app. How long do I have to wait for this?

Also, using the navigation, it makes me go around a very long route even if i am supposed to just turn a few hundred of meters away from my destination (Ortigas Avennue Extesion, turn left to Don Celso Tuazon Avenue but makes me go around Antipolo via Taktak instead :)), it still makes me go around a few kms. Not sure how to correct this as my preferred route is not getting updated.

Been using waze for about 2 weeks now and thought this should have been corrected by now. I'm coming from Valley Golf Cainta to BGC daily.

Thanks!
herbertjoei

POSTER_ID:16047210

Send a message

Post by herbertjoei
Hi Kazmuth,

Thanks for a quick reply. Will wait for the update and see if this fixes things. Will definitely try and trace my route once things are normal.
herbertjoei
Send a message

Post by Jiggzmeister
I created roads last May and now I'm not allowed to edit some of them. What happened?
Jiggzmeister
Send a message

Post by kazmuth
hi herbertjoei,

welcome wazer! it usually takes a week for the edits to go live on the world maps but lately there has been issues with the editor so the last update date was last June 5. You can visit this site for the latest updates http://status.waze.com/.

With regards to your issue with routing, there might be a missing junction or disabled turn somewhere along your route. You could trace your route and see if everything is correct.

Please join us in facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhilippines/ there are lots of pinoy wazers there. Also, please read the map editing guide for the Philippines at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhi ... 347717100/
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by kazmuth
Check if you are on the correct server. Our server is world.waze.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kazmuth
There has been a spate of bad edits that have introduced erroneous segments and turn restrictions. I guess this is due to a lot of new editors trying out their hand at map editing. Unfortunately, some end up breaking already correct maps. We have decided to lock the roads, especially in Metro Manila to a higher level.

If you are very familiar with your area, you can request to be an Area Manager for your location. You can also request for an unlock on the segment/s you wish to edit
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by migsmrs
My map editing (level 1) has been disallowed. What do you think happened? What can I do to reinstate this feature? Thanks.
migsmrs
Send a message