Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Highways and dirt roads

Post by ispyisail
Hello Philippines

I've been advised that the people from the Philippines are all wise and that maybe I should ask my question here.

In a CM from New Zealand and have been doing some mapping in Fiji. The roads are unlike what were have in NZ and I'm bit confused how to handle "dirt roads" and "State highways" when there are no highways of freeways and 90% "dirt roads"

Here is my main link here

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=81541

Thanks

ispyisail
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:5851995

Send a message

Post by kazmuth
Hi ispyisail,

We (local waze champs and senior editors) have decided on a set of guidelines on how we tag the roads discussed as on our Wiki page https://www.waze.com/wiki/Editing_Resou ... hilippines

Even if it is a dirt road, they are not necessarily tagged as "dirt-roads / 4x4 trail". The Philippines has a lot of these kinds of roads in far flung areas where these dirt roads are the only means of getting to or from these remote areas. The only time we tag as 4x4 trails is when only 4x4 vehicles can navigate those segments.

So what we used to categorize our roads is based on their use, whether they connect provinces, cities, municipalities, towns, etc.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need more detail

Thanks,
kazmuth
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group