PH: feedback: how are your Network Data connections

Post by SpeedDzel
magandang araw wazers!

how are you Network Data connections fairing along?

do give your feedback so other pinoy wazers would be in the know.
who's going bonkers :( with their service providers and whose happy and content :D 8-) with their services.

Mabuhay!
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:4622732

Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by Baldugaras
I am a Globe subscriber and I just hate them for saying that signal boosters and signal repeaters are interfering with cellular frequencies. It's a big shame to hear something like that from a telecom company. Signal boosters and signal repeaters are a necessity especially for wireless communications.
Baldugaras
Send a message

Post by bgaltman
I am using Smart LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am very happy with my network connection!
Accuracy (GPS) is pretty much on point, data (using 4G) is great! Route calculations are fast, map updates and road loading times kept to a minimum. Very happy indeed!

By the way, I get 4G in most populated areas and business districts. So far I have had 4G signal in Sta. Rosa Laguna, San Fernando Pampanga, almost everywhere in Metro Manila.
bgaltman
Send a message

Post by bgaltman
Globe is still trying to catch up with the "upgrade" to their network, which was supposedly completed last March (I think). Unfortunately, by the time they are done, it is so outdated, that they can start again, and keep running after the facts. I rarely use my Globe line for internet (3G & 4G) because of the extremely poor latency and slow response. I use my Smart for everything that needs a data connection (very happy!) and have only experienced GPRS as a worse case scenario in very remote areas...
bgaltman
Send a message

Post by DKGC
I'm using Globe and it's working fine around Metro Manila and here in Pampanga. Hehe :D
DKGC
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u19 ... /small.jpg
Pampanga (Philippines) Area Manager

Post by michlv
Very tempremental.

I came to visit Philippines from UK and I find data connection here in Philippines (Metro Manila) just horrible.

Smart usually connects on HSDPA (3G) which gives better speed, but if no HSDPA is available it means no network connection. When forced to 2G mode only, no data at all.

Globe does not have that much HSDPA, so it is mostly connected in EDGE(2G). Then EDGE speed is much worse then what it should be, making it most of the time unusable. Or it may be the bandwith supplied and other apps competing on phone that makes it unusable.
michlv
Send a message

Post by michlv
Came back to PH after a year and this time having Galaxy S6 on Globe, was impressed that in most places there was 3G. Sim did not support 4G, so cannot say about that.

As I was buying phone in Philippines, which will work in UK, CZ and PH on 2G, 3G and 4G realized that even when buying phone just for PH in PH, not all phones support all frequencies used by all mobile operators in PH, so that may also affect quality of data connection.
michlv
Send a message

Post by mikecui
im on sun postpaid unli data. major problems so far are slow speeds during peak hours and poor area coverage..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
mikecui
Send a message

Post by pinoyoutdoor
While wazing or on the move I just using Edge, just enough to receive notification and updates, will switch to 3G only when browsing or streaming...thus save some battery power...

Using Globe and no problem with it...
pinoyoutdoor
Send a message

Post by schnitzerz4
Mine is Globe. Laging searching for network hehehe :lol:
schnitzerz4
Send a message