Post by SpeedDzel
RenzDeion wrote:I'm using Globe and it's working fine around Metro Manila and here in Pampanga. Hehe :D
pinoyoutdoor wrote:While wazing or on the move I just using Edge, just enough to receive notification and updates, will switch to 3G only when browsing or streaming...thus save some battery power...

Using Globe and no problem with it...
warfab wrote:I'm on unlimited internet plan for Globe and have no problem getting signal 90% of the time within Metro Cebu
mmmGuuud...

Good for you guys! it's great to hear that you are happy & content with your respective network providers in your specific areas/locations...

:D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by SpeedDzel
michlv wrote:Very tempremental.

I came to visit Philippines from UK and I find data connection here in Philippines (Metro Manila) just horrible.

Smart usually connects on HSDPA (3G) which gives better speed, but if no HSDPA is available it means no network connection. When forced to 2G mode only, no data at all.

Globe does not have that much HSDPA, so it is mostly connected in EDGE(2G). Then EDGE speed is much worse then what it should be, making it most of the time unusable. Or it may be the bandwith supplied and other apps competing on phone that makes it unusable.
world_72tvjb5y wrote:I signed-up with Globe prepaid promo Power Surf 499 for a maximum usage of 1GB valid for 30 days. Connection was intermittent, sluggish, and most of the time, dead!
Welcome to Philippine reality guys... :mrgreen:

Yes, HSDDPA or 3.5G & up are generally available in business districts, posh living areas & densely populated areas where subscribers are sure to enrich our dearest Telecoms.

On main highways, data signals are still available but erratic specially in dead spot areas...

Veering away and going into far flung areas, data signal becomes wishful thinking at best.

:D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Globe is currently busy campaigning and passing the buck on to the interference of signal boosters and signal repeaters into the cellular frequencies.

Despite of Globe supposedly having upgraded their system, interference has hampered the enjoyment of the supposed system upgrades by their subscribers and they are currently working with the NTC to curb this allegedly wide practice of using above said boosters & repeaters.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by warfab
I'm on unlimited internet plan for Globe and have no problem getting signal 90% of the time within Metro Cebu
warfab
Send a message

Post by world_72tvjb5y
I signed-up with Globe prepaid promo Power Surf 499 for a maximum usage of 1GB valid for 30 days. Connection was intermittent, sluggish, and most of the time, dead!
world_72tvjb5y
Send a message
Regie Tagavilla
username: world_72tvjb5y
nickname: walkingmap
regie@brokerhouse.com.ph

Post by world_72tvjb5y
There are identified dead spots for Globe along SLEX and STAR. With my Samsung Note 2, the 4G experience is not yet in its full bloom. Globe had to make a lot of improvements on their network service.
world_72tvjb5y
Send a message
Regie Tagavilla
username: world_72tvjb5y
nickname: walkingmap
regie@brokerhouse.com.ph