Please add a permalink of the segments you wish to unlock

DONE: Tygervalley Rd, Durbanville

Post by GR8SCOT-WP
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =160350161

Please unlock this segment of Tygervalley Rd. I've added in the missing connection into the parking lot of Kenridge Primary School and corrected the one-way system in the parking lot. I need to set the turn permissions into the parking lot from Tygervalley Rd.

Thanks

Bryan
GR8SCOT-WP

POSTER_ID:17078361

Send a message

Post by GR8SCOT-WP
Thanks Leigh

Good point on the northbound right turn accross the solid while line. Wouldn't have thought of that as everyone makes that turn anyway!

This was my first edit in Waze. I did quite a bit of work on the local OSM map a couple of years ago, so I'm keen to help sort this one as well. But so far I've found very few problems with it. And the editing interface seems a lot easier to use :D

Bryan
GR8SCOT-WP
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Unlocked. Please don't allow northbound traffic to turn right into the northern parking lot entrance, as it's a solid white line, and should not be crossed.

LeighGr
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
Hi Bryan

Welcome to the fun and games of WME!
GR8SCOT-WP wrote: Good point on the northbound right turn accross the solid while line. Wouldn't have thought of that as everyone makes that turn anyway!
We try not make Waze give illegal instructions. "Your Honour, my navigation system told me to make the turn there, so I did so." isn't going to do down well in court!

One last thing, you've left this segment unnamed, which is why it's displayed in red. Please edit the segment City name to be the same as the others in that parking lot, that being "Bellville, Cape Town", though I suspect they should all be "Kenridge, Cape Town", and then select the "None" tickbox for the street name, then apply and save that change.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa