Please add a permalink of the segments you wish to unlock

Level 4: Camera Kloof Nek Rd, Cape Town

Post by Danie2
The map shows cameras pointing both directions but there is only a camera pointing down hill towards Cape Town. I am trying to remove the other one (facing up hill) but it was placed by sjwatson who is level 4 and I am level 3.

Updated: July 13 by sjwatson(4)
Created: January 15 by 27811344
ID: 1501928
Danie2

POSTER_ID:366151

Send a message

Post by Peanutzzz
Have the same problem on the R304 coming into Stellenbosch. The position and speed (60 km/h) of the camera in use was approved by me (level 3) and has worked just fine. Last week this camera was replaced by a "new" camera facing the wrong way with a speed limit of 90 km/h. According to the Waze Map Editor this was also approved by a level 4 editor.
I PM'd this person for correction, but he was unaware of making any approvals in the Stellenbosch region.

I know some European countries have banned cameras so maybe there are issues with software. :?:

My request: Can a level 4/5 editor please delete the 90km/h camera on the R304.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... eras=42149

PS. Does anybody know what the "camera" policy in South Africa is?
Peanutzzz
Send a message

Post by RodNav
Kloofnek Rd:
Hmm, Danie2, seems that your (correct) one has been deleted, leaving only the (wrong) one pointing up. It should be facing down - the camera must point in the direction of travel! (I think you knew that). So I've deleted the only one there (pointing up), and it will need to be marked in the client again so it can be added. Or is there a way to add it in the editor that I don't know about? (Prepares himself for possible embarrassment!)

R304:
I have moved the "wrong" camera and changed its speed to 60 km/h. The camera actually has sensors to trap in both directions, but a waze camera can't do two directions, so we need a camera for each direction.

Not sure about policy or legality of cameras in South Africa...
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G