Please add a permalink of the segments you wish to unlock

Level 4 unlock request for Durbanville, Cape Town

Post by LeighGr
Theoritically I should be able to unlock this myself, but I'm still waiting on Waze support for my fourth cone, so in the meantime will someone please unlock the Vatican St.

For some odd reason, the zoom level no longer works in the permlink, at least not in my Firefox browser, so you have to manually zoom it.

I'm not a fan of locking segments, but it appears to me that Brackenfell Blvd was updated last week, and world_ofb22pjp was unable to set the restriction on the junction because of the lock on Vatican St.

I've been out of town for the past week, and was wondering why Waze has been trying to push me all over Durbanville the last two days on my daily school run instead of the usual route of Okavango, Vatican, Brackenfell, Goedemoed. Now I see why!
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:7725087

Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by Kuhlkatz
Unlocked.

Not sure why that whole section of Vatican is locked, Rod might have more info.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
LeighGr wrote:I need to check my profile setup, as I didn't receive a notification that you'd replied. Have been checking the map periodically and just noticed that you'd updated the segment.
Yep, that's been a bit wonky over the last few weeks. You might have to resubscribe to some topics and forums, as it somehow unsubscribed you the moment someone posted a reply to a topic. It started working again earlier in the week.
We normally only should lock high value roads like freeway, major and possibly minor.
Primary streets in general should be available unlocked, unless it continually goes through the split / unsplit song and dance routine between older and 'well meaning' new editors, or we know it's routing a-ok and is essential for city routing.

If they get in the way, just let me know and i can downlock them or unlock.

Until we know 100% that the forum subscriptions are working again, just post an unlock & a 2 word PM indicating the unlock request.
If someone sees the request before i do they can at least help as well, but PMs definitely sends notification mails.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by LeighGr
Thanks Carel.

Interesting. I need to check my profile setup, as I didn't receive a notification that you'd replied. Have been checking the map periodically and just noticed that you'd updated the segment.

The person that had locked this segment has numerous locked segments all over Cape Town. Some of these locks I can understand, such as the Langeberg / Brackenfell Blvd roundabout which I've even screwed up many moons ago when I started editing. Actually it was a bit further down Brackenfell Blvd, and then couldn't join the segments together. Primary streets I can sort of understand, but there's a cul de sac in the middle of a suburb that is the only locked road for miles around - can't find it now. These may well be historical locks, but I'm too sure.

I see the permalink zoom is working again, as well as OyyoDams' toolbox, which was broken this morning. Possibly related.

Cheers, Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Found the locked segment I was refering to previously. No idea why this should be locked. Possibly an errant mouse click back in January.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Moving a little off topic, but going through the settings in the UCP, Board Preferences, Edit posting defaults, the "Notify me upon replies by default" option was set off. Possibly a default change when the forum software was upgraded recently?

Or am I thinking of another forums' recent upgrade?
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by RodNav
Hi guys, I'm posting from my phone so won't be checking the permalinks right now, but might take a look later tonight. I'm working 12 hour days till Monday, so have been a bit quiet lately.
I have noticed many unnecessarily locked roads in the Cape Town area, but I think the majority are due to waze's previous system of moving lock levels with changing user rank, as well as the fact that it was also 'recommended practice' to lock one-ways to prevent waze from changing the direction automatically.
From time to time I spend time removing or reducing lock levels. Seems like it's time to do it again.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G