Please add a permalink of the segments you wish to unlock

Level 5 unlock request for Bellville, Cape Town

Post by LeighGr
Please drop the lock level of this segment that should be unlabeled, as the turn restrictions of this segment below the other one are incorrect.

Darn hash is back in my permalinks :(. Manually removed and links checked. ;)
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:7725087

Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
Thanks RodNav. Will you please also drop the lock level of offramp to level 4, as I'm still unable to change the incorrect turn restriction.

And to really confuse me, the blinking permalink now works, without me having to removed the hash. :o
RodNav wrote: PS Apart from the hash problem, have you also noticed that in a forum notification e-mail that the link to the forum is no longer clickable?
No. You've lost me there. Unless it's got to do with my mangling of the url.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
OK. It took a while for the penny to drop. I now see what you mean, though the links in my gmail client work fine. But having said that, an earlier notification today took me to the wrong topic, leaving me more baffled than usual.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
RodNav wrote: I was just wondering if you shouldn't make it single segment between the Old Oak roads? In other words, bring the 2 Eversdal roads to a single junction. If you keep the angle gentle it will still look ok in the client, but then you can restrict U-turns.
The same thought crossed my mind, as this intersection is rather messy.
If both Eversdal and Old Oak are single segments and not dualed, then the slip-way off Eversdal southbound onto Old Oak should be added.

Currently routing westbound off Eversdal onto Old Oak southbound will give an instruction "Turn Left" at the traffic light, as the slipway hasn't been defined, which should give a "Keep Left" instruction to use the slipway.

I've raised the lock level to 4 of the other two segments, and I see what you mean by restricting U-turns for Old Oak northbound traffic as it can't be done with the current layout.

I'll sleep on this one.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
After a few hours sleep, I decided to dedual Old Oak Rd, as painful as that may sound. :)

It took a bit of trail and error to find a way that worked, as after seeing if any of the two carriageways had two way traffic history (in this case, the northbound side had average speed data for both A>B and B>A - on a one way!), I removed the other segment, made the remain segment two way, and corrected all the turn restrictions, but then wasn't able to save the changes.

I found that turning each intersection into a butterfly layout, and then following the above steps worked without fail.

I've taken Old Oak Rd back to Ridgeworth Dr for now, so if you don't mind checking my handywork, then I'll continue on the northern side.

Will you also please drop the lock on the two ramps onto the N1 to level 4 so that I can continue dedualling southbound.

I also locked the new Old Oak Rd on level 3.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Thanks Rod.

Oops, that one slipped by, as I was going to work my way southbound down Old Oak, but got blocked by the two onramps, which you've now unlocked. I'll fix it later this evening.

I'm currently busy on the other end of Old Oak by Durban Rd, and am being blocked again by two level 5 locked ramps that shouldn't even be ramps. So my last unlock request for now is if you'll please drop these two to level 4.

That's more than enough to keep me going for a few days.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Thanks Rod

Another quick one if either yourself or Carel are still up, or anyone else! Yet two more level 5 locked ramps, and these two also should not be ramps, as they are the entrance and exit to a petrol station.

I'm suspecting that Waze support have run a script to lock all ramps at level 5. Arrgh. If editors followed the rules and only used ramps to get on and off highways, it wouldn't be such an issue.

I'm now stuck with southbound routing on Carl Cronje Rd being broken past these two ramp.

Let's see how many UR get generated tomorrow!
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by RodNav
Done.
Once again, levels migrating with user rank... ;)

But strange that I apparently edited in that are June 24. That's recent enough that I should have know better and left things properly finished. Maybe it was one of the times that the editor started having Save problems and I just gave up for the night - then forgot to go back!

PS Apart from the hash problem, have you also noticed that in a forum notification e-mail that the link to the forum is no longer clickable?
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by RodNav
LeighGr wrote:Thanks RodNav. Will you please also drop the lock level of offramp to level 4, as I'm still unable to change the incorrect turn restriction.
Done.
I was just wondering if you shouldn't make it single segment between the Old Oak roads? In other words, bring the 2 Eversdal roads to a single junction. If you keep the angle gentle it will still look ok in the client, but then you can restrict U-turns.
And to really confuse me, the blinking permalink now works, without me having to removed the hash. :o
The permalink doesn't blink for me... :D
RodNav wrote: PS Apart from the hash problem, have you also noticed that in a forum notification e-mail that the link to the forum is no longer clickable?
No. You've lost me there. Unless it's got to do with my mangling of the url.
No, sorry, I wasn't very clear. When I get an e-mail that there's been a posting, it includes a link to the specific forum. Recently the link has been plain text, not a link that I can click, like I used to be able to.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
LeighGr wrote:OK. It took a while for the penny to drop. I now see what you mean, though the links in my gmail client work fine. But having said that, an earlier notification today took me to the wrong topic, leaving me more baffled than usual.
Ah, you posted while I was posting! Hmm, I use Eudora mail client rather than Outlook, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? But I never changed anything. Oh well.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to save the ramp lock level change, but have done so now!
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message