Your help with fuel types in Sweden

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, pnylin, SverkerN, avozetta

Re: Sv: Your help with fuel types in Sweden

Postby ehagglun » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm

SwedishBadger wrote:I wote for CNG. How many % of Waze target group runs highly tuned cars? Better to aim at what company cars mostly use today. Also good credit to waze for trying to help with something less pollutive.

I agree, I drive a Corvette (summertime) and believe me: The prize of 98-octance is not important, and I would happily loose it to the benefit for CNG. Besides, 99 times out of 100, the 98 octane price is not updated, probably because it's not being advertised on the poles outside the gaststation like 95, diesel and E85 is.... you have to literally park next to the pump to see the price...

Just my 2 cents...
Area Manager
Area Manager
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Stenungsund, Sweden
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Your help with fuel types in Sweden

Postby NateRobinson » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I think tracking a price for CNG will be complicated. The standard for CNG states that it should be 97% methane, but doesn't specify what the other 3% are (aside from max. quantities of water and other materials that cause corrosion, etc.). On the west coast of Sweden (e.g. Göteborg), the natural gas network often has small amounts of longer hydrocarbons. On the east coast, where biogas is much more prevalent, that 3% is usually CO2. The result: natural gas usually has a "gasoline equivalent" of 1.25 gal per m3, while biogas is closer to 1.1.

The (fordons)gas companies in Sweden have tried posting the "gasoline equivalent" price, but this was not accepted by the consumer protection agency.

Bottom line: as much as I'd like to see waze track CNG prices, I think it would be very difficult to implement well.
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 am
Location: Kolmården, Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Sv: Your help with fuel types in Sweden

Postby SwedishBadger » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 pm

No need to keep them appart. Would you really drive around a few miles to get naturegas to get those extra miles? Or would you go for the alternative that is even better for mother earth?

I assume most drives dont care as long as they can fill up the gastubes.

Also in most cases biogas is cheaper then CNG to compensate the lower energy content.

Eon has one good for finding the stations and see what kind of gas the station offers but a general CNG station type is still better then not to offer the fule type in Waze?

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time


Return to Sweden [svenska]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users