Navigating from 1900 Bayview Ave, Toronto Ontario

Post by pcm627sh
When i am sitting at home in my condo at 1900 Bayview Ave, Toronto Ontario and try to navigate somewhere, it tries to route me over the fence and into Mount Hope Cemetery. Waze does not seem to know that the driving access point for the building is just east of the condo...and does not recognize that my GPS location is in the condo and start me from that point. I tried editing the map but I am not sure what updates to make to achieve what I want. I tried the area update....but not sure that is the correct approach. Can someone help? I am a Waze editor newbie.
pcm627sh

POSTER_ID:17652845

Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
There are 2 buildings. See google maps for reference. 1900 Bayview is the condo building to west of the circular driveway. (I live in this one). 1888 Bayview Ave is the condo building to the east of circular driveway. Cars for both condo buildings enter the private road off Bayview going westbound and reach the top of circular driveway. The circular driveway is one way counterclockwise (you will see that in google maps...and i think I updated it to match in Waze). Residents that live in 1900 building enter underground parking from the southwest corner of circular driveway and residents of 1888 building enter from southeast corner of circular driveway. The lobby for west building is located about 1/2 way down circular driveway (west side) and the lobby for east building is located about 1/2 way down circular driveway (east side). Couriers, Uber, pizza delivery should be navigated to those 2 stop points.

The road on north side of west building was a service road only for construction of building. It’s now an eco area only....not for driving.

The issue with snapping to the cemetery road is that it’s not possible / practical to get there for either cars or walking from our building. There is a large wall/fence there at different elevation as well. If you 360 view the circular driveway you will see wall on south side. Is there anyway to force Waze to snap to circular driveway as starting point by default instead of cemetery ? It’s a pain/cumbersome to manually set start point every time for residents. I wish to point out that google maps using my same GPS location is somehow smart enough to navigate me from circular driveway as starting point over to Bayview on private road....not sure why Waze does not.
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
FYI - you are correct about the skinny entrances to underground parking.....they are a little on the tight side for 2 cars given the turn required. We usually have to alternate in/out.
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
This picture may help:

https://www.tridel.com/sherwood/community-masterplan/

Sherwood = 1900 Bayview Ave
Blythwood = 1888 Bayview Ave
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
Since Mount Hope Cemetery hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Mon to Sat, would it be reasonable to add those restrictions to their roads so that Waze does not snap to them during hours when cemetery roads are not accessible to vehicles and pedestrians?
http://www.catholic-cemeteries.com/ceme ... y-toronto/
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
Thank you so much for all your help. I will give it a couple of days and check to see how it is working. Much appreciated.
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
I can now see the routable segments in Waze map app. However, when I navigate it is still snapping to cemetery road. Does it take longer for new navigation updates to take effect ? Or is there still something not quite setup correctly ?
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
I see that the new map is live. Unfortunately, navigation is still snapping to the cemetery road versus using the new walking trail that you added. Not sure segment is routable. Do I have to give it another day for navigation to take effect? Or is it not working the way you thought it would for some other reason? FYI, I am near the south end of the building. Should the walking trail be located closer to cemetery wall/fence line to ensure my location is closer to walking trail than cemetery road?
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
You are correct about routing to 1900 Bayview Ave. It stops at entry point to our lobby as desired.

FYI - The sister 1888 Bayview Ave condo entry point does not seem to be updated to west side of that condo as you had intended. It seems to start or end at north side of condo building along road where there is no access to building. Not sure why - it looked correct to me in waze editor.

I will leave the non-routable segments bug with you to look into.

Thanks again.
pcm627sh
Send a message

Post by pcm627sh
Thanks for suggestion for 1888 Bayview. It worked.
pcm627sh
Send a message