Bonaventure project

Moderators: doctorkb, hmarian, Kayos_On_The_Road, manoeuvre, Canada Champs

Bonaventure project

Postby Webs101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm not sure what to do here and I would like to know what the consensus is.

Here is the location: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... =501300235

Here is the official notice: http://projetbonaventure.ca/wp-content/ ... -12-10.pdf

According to the official notice and according to the road signs that say "Sortie barrée", that highlighted segmented is closed. But the road is not actually closed to prevent traffic from using it and drivers are using it as if it were a regular, open road. (I was there today.)

Next, this bit of the road ( https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 7,64651485 ) has been turned into a full-time bus lane only. But again, drivers are using it despite the signage that indicates that it's a bus lane.

It's anarchy out there!

What should we do with the Waze map? Have it follow the letter of the law and have Waze drivers watch everyone else get where they're going faster and more conveniently or follow what nearly 100% of drivers are doing and permit travel on the old roads?

(Also, that red-light camera does not exist and should be removed.)
[ img ]
Canada local champ
Webs101
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Bonaventure project

Postby hmarian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:14 pm

I will vote with obeying the laws.
The fact that people are ignoring road signs isn't a reason to make Waze direct the honest driver to where he shouldn't be.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
Waze Version: 4.57.0.0
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kayos_On_The_Road » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Waze should never provide illegal routing, even if people take it...
Samsung Galaxy S7 (7.0 stock), waze version always latest beta.
GC, CM - Vancouver, BC
Waze Beta Leader (Android)
Canada Wazeopedia
[ img ][ img ]
Kayos_On_The_Road
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby phil-mtl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Webs101 wrote:I'm not sure what to do here and I would like to know what the consensus is.

Here is the location: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... =501300235

Here is the official notice: http://projetbonaventure.ca/wp-content/ ... -12-10.pdf

According to the official notice and according to the road signs that say "Sortie barrée", that highlighted segmented is closed. But the road is not actually closed to prevent traffic from using it and drivers are using it as if it were a regular, open road. (I was there today.)

Where does it in the notice that the 720 West Exit towards Bonaventure is currently closed? I can see a detour route for it on the second page, but it concerns a weekend closure back in December (Cette fermeture complète aura lieu du vendredi 11 décembre à 22 h au dimanche 13 décembre à 5 h, au plus tard). Then again these notices are so badly written I may be missing something :|

If that's all there is, then my guess is that this is leftover signage that wasn't completely removed (wouldn't be the first time). I've never heard of a closed highway exit that wasn't physically blocked by either cones or jerseys. I wonder if it would be a legal closure based on signage alone.

Edit: regarding the bus lane, I agree that it should be restricted in Waze.
[ img ]
Local Champ - Canada
Based in Montreal, Quebec
phil-mtl
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Webs101 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 pm

phil-mtl wrote:Where does it in the notice that the 720 West Exit towards Bonaventure is currently closed? I can see a detour route for it on the second page, but it concerns a weekend closure back in December (Cette fermeture complète aura lieu du vendredi 11 décembre à 22 h au dimanche 13 décembre à 5 h, au plus tard). Then again these notices are so badly written I may be missing something :|

No, you're right. It was closed only for that time. I missed it because it was the only thing not in bold print. :roll:

But the "SORTIE BARRÉE" sign are all along the road....
[ img ]
Canada local champ
Webs101
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby phil-mtl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Webs101 wrote:
phil-mtl wrote:Where does it in the notice that the 720 West Exit towards Bonaventure is currently closed? I can see a detour route for it on the second page, but it concerns a weekend closure back in December (Cette fermeture complète aura lieu du vendredi 11 décembre à 22 h au dimanche 13 décembre à 5 h, au plus tard). Then again these notices are so badly written I may be missing something :|

No, you're right. It was closed only for that time. I missed it because it was the only thing not in bold print. :roll:

But the "SORTIE BARRÉE" sign are all along the road....

To be fair these notices are a disaster.

Regarding the "sortie barrée" signs, I'm guessing they were in the tunnel itself? If so there's a chance that complaining to the MTQ will yield results. But if they're leftovers from the December closure by the city, then the only option is to call 311 and try to talk to someone who can do something about it, a task which would undoubtedly leave me with lasting psychological trauma.
[ img ]
Local Champ - Canada
Based in Montreal, Quebec
phil-mtl
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to Quebec