Level 5 - Laval - Segment unlock request

Post by Morphlin
Need Level 5 to unlock segment as I want to connect parking lot road to it and allow turns.

Connecting works fine but allowing turns wont.

Thanks

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.72 ... s=60670341
Morphlin

POSTER_ID:16805918

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Unlocked.

Your parking lot isn't connected, by the way. :)

Also, please remove the parking lot landmarks -- the parking load roads are good, but the landmarks should be removed in this case.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Most parking lot landmarks shouldn't exist -- they only serve to clutter the map.

The exceptions are when they are legitimate destinations -- e.g. Park & Rides, parking lots on a campus that you would name, perhaps parking lots at an airport that you want to outline what parts need to be labelled.

These three parking lots all have no name and appear to serve the buildings they are next to... they're not destinations.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Morphlin wrote:Ok I see, but what is someone is going to a house in that area. He gets to the house but he can find parking anywhere. So he ends the navigation with waze using the hand button and then waze will show him all nearby parking lots. If the parking lots are not landmarked, then waze will not show him. He then can drive to that parking lot, mark it as his parking spot on waze and when he leaves his friends house, just has to start waze to see where he parked his car. I though this is the main reason we were actually landmarking all the parking lots.
I think perhaps that was the original intent, but Waze doesn't use those landmarks for the purpose you describe... It gets the parking lot info from FourSquare and other third-party POI sources.

Besides which, in this example, those lots appear to be private parking for occupants and visitors of the nearby apartments / office buildings... And if you can't find the parking, you probably can't find the building... :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by Morphlin
Perfect, I made the connections. Thanks

Why should the landmarks be removed in this case?
Morphlin
Send a message

Post by Morphlin
Ok I see, but what is someone is going to a house in that area. He gets to the house but he can find parking anywhere. So he ends the navigation with waze using the hand button and then waze will show him all nearby parking lots. If the parking lots are not landmarked, then waze will not show him. He then can drive to that parking lot, mark it as his parking spot on waze and when he leaves his friends house, just has to start waze to see where he parked his car. I though this is the main reason we were actually landmarking all the parking lots.
Morphlin
Send a message