Help understanding addresses in Waze

Post by Got2BeKd
There is part of Winnipeg in which the "streets" are sidewalks in front of the houses. I am having a hard time using Waze to direct to the correct area for these end points. Here is a Link to the area.

In this area 50 Hemlock is identified by being listed with a residential place, and by the address is listed in the street address on the disconnected "Pedestrian Boardwalk" named Hemlock Pl. The markers are accurate and confirmed by City of Winnipeg Tax map. This address is on the East side of the "Pedestrian Boardwalk" called Hemlock Pl. However when using Waze to navigate, or when putting the address in the livemap, you are returned a navigation point on the west side of the Pedestrian Boardwalk, which results in navigation ending on the wrong area.

Could someone suggest a way to help me have these addresses show accurately in Waze? I thought the street addresses or residential places would work, but the do not seem be having any effect on this.
Got2BeKd
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:16860051

Send a message

Post by Got2BeKd
Sorry I should have included a better picture sooner, I was busy with some other commitments this morning. Picture of issue. The link to the left hopefully helps to explain this further. The blue pin is where waze shows the result for 50 Hemlock Pl. The Red cross is where 50 Hemlock Pl really is. I have entered this as a House number on the street address, and there is also a residential place for 50 Hemlock Pl at the correct location. These have both been there since before the last tile rebuild.

Currently the livemap and waze app both result in the pin location, not the Red plus location where the actual address is.

qazxcvbnmm: Could you confirm that the address you are seeing in the livemap is the red cross location from my picture above and not the blue pin location?

hmarian: There is a residential place entered for 50 Hemlock Pl. I had this before putting in house numbers on the street, and I had the same problem at that time. Currently both HN and residential place are entered.
Got2BeKd
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Got2BeKd
Mushy, I know about the auto-complete issue. I don't use the auto-complete, so that is not the issue presenting in this case.

The livemap is still showing wrong, and I just tested using my phone, and something very strange happened. I got the right spot for the address, so I tried searching 46 Hemlock Pl, which gave the wrong address. I then tried 50 Hemlock and it is wrong again. I wonder if there is an issue with some caching results in my phone? The livemap isn't really and issue, just something I'm using for troubleshooting.

Do you know if there is a way to delete cache memory results in the Waze app?
Got2BeKd
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Got2BeKd
This is all working now. Seemed to be cached results in the client possibly. Waiting a couple weeks has all cleared up.
Got2BeKd
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by hmarian
My suggestion would be to test changing the HN to residential places.
It should take immediate affect on the map and could be tested right after this being saved.

Waze is in a process of eliminating the HN interface and at some point all the HN database from Waze will be converted into residential places.

Please try my suggestion and let us know if this worked out.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by hmarian
Got2BeKD wrote:Sorry I should have included a better picture sooner, I was busy with some other commitments this morning. Picture of issue. The link to the left hopefully helps to explain this further. The blue pin is where waze shows the result for 50 Hemlock Pl. The Red cross is where 50 Hemlock Pl really is. I have entered this as a House number on the street address, and there is also a residential place for 50 Hemlock Pl at the correct location. These have both been there since before the last tile rebuild.

Currently the livemap and waze app both result in the pin location, not the Red plus location where the actual address is.

qazxcvbnmm: Could you confirm that the address you are seeing in the livemap is the red cross location from my picture above and not the blue pin location?

hmarian: There is a residential place entered for 50 Hemlock Pl. I had this before putting in house numbers on the street, and I had the same problem at that time. Currently both HN and residential place are entered.
When I search for "50 Hemlock Pl, Winnipeg, Manitoba" I see the marker exactly where the Red marker is.
It could be that the tiles updated to get the house numbers populated properly.
Can you test locally and see that this addresses are correct?
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by hmarian
MushyMedic wrote:Hey guys,

I don't have a solution but another piece to the puzzle.

In reading a forum post on residential place markers, I found the following post from Ontario, which points to an issue finding addresses using the "auto-complete" suggestions versus a full search.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141243

In this case, if I start typing 50 Hemlock and select the address from the list below, I am given the Blue Pin point. Where as, if I search for "50 Hemlock Pl, Winnipeg, MB" I am given the correct location as show in a screen shot from the App.

http://imgur.com/ghZJb7Q

Any ideas on why?

MushyMedic
Auto complete is using a Waze algorythm that decide if there is a match between the information coming from Waze and Google and which one to display.
Waze will add some visibility to this process within WME and allow editor to influence what is showing.
I don't know when this will start be tested in Beta WME but this is the plan.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by MushyMedic
Hey guys,

I don't have a solution but another piece to the puzzle.

In reading a forum post on residential place markers, I found the following post from Ontario, which points to an issue finding addresses using the "auto-complete" suggestions versus a full search.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141243

In this case, if I start typing 50 Hemlock and select the address from the list below, I am given the Blue Pin point. Where as, if I search for "50 Hemlock Pl, Winnipeg, MB" I am given the correct location as show in a screen shot from the App.

http://imgur.com/ghZJb7Q

Any ideas on why?

MushyMedic
MushyMedic
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by qazxcvbnmm
When I search in the live map I'm given your highlighted location.
qazxcvbnmm
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.png
qazxcvbnmm - Markham, Ontario, Canada - Country Manager

Post by qazxcvbnmm
Okay, live map search is at the blue pin. WME search is at the red cross. Sorry for the confusion.
qazxcvbnmm
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.png
qazxcvbnmm - Markham, Ontario, Canada - Country Manager